Equerry's capbadge

One of the equerries on the Royal Barge was clearly wearing Rifles No 1 dress but had a random capbadge which I didn't recognize. Anyone know what it was?

London Irish Rifles?

Royal Gurkha Rifles?

Are the KOYLI still about?

Could you describe it or draw it?

To be honest, no. It definitely wasn't the Rifles though, looked more like Royal Anglians if anything.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Probably got the wrong uniform on, easy to do in the excitement of the weekend.

Perhaps he was sporting the cap badge of the next regiments to be amalgamated into the Rifles, The Princess of Wales's Royal Anglian Fusilier Light Infantry - soon to be the new 1 RIFLES.

A member of the D&D who hasn't quite got around to Rifleisation?

Or some bizarre CCF/UOTC mob.

The next Regiment to be disolved.

Must be good food at the Queen's dos at the moment, with two QGOOs and an RGR Equerry!

One of the equerries on the Royal Barge was clearly wearing Rifles No 1 dress but had a random capbadge which I didn't recognize. Anyone know what it was?
Yep, I saw that as well. Looked like a badge and boss as found on a side hat. But worn on a No.1 dress hat? Not sure...........

What was the Para doing with his capbadge???? It was over his left EYE for God's sake!!!! Hasn't he heard of ally?????

What was the Para doing with his capbadge???? It was over his left EYE for God's sake!!!! Hasn't he heard of ally?????
Can you really blame him! It's one thing to get gripped by the adjutant or for us lesser mortals the RSM but c'mon! You are not really gonna chance it with the Queen, are you?

On another note but still on the same theme, I watched the procession back to Buck House, and could not help noticing, one of the mounted officers just behind the Queen's Landau, seemed to having a lot of trouble holding on to his flag/pennant or whatever. He was quite a portly chap, and each time I saw him he looked like he was blowing out of his arse. Did anybody else see him?

That'll be the badger! Why do RGR officers wear such poxy little capbadges though? I couldn't make it out at all.

On another note but still on the same theme, I watched the procession back to Buck House, and could not help noticing, one of the mounted officers just behind the Queen's Landau, seemed to having a lot of trouble holding on to his flag/pennant or whatever. He was quite a portly chap, and each time I saw him he looked like he was blowing out of his arse. Did anybody else see him?
My God yes - I was taking bets as to whether he would make it to BH. Was he an officer?

I rather think he was, he certainly had the gold shoulder cords.
Did anyone see the Captain (Life Guard I think) and commander of the reception and steps party at St Pauls. He had a major yawning moment before he thought the camera was on him, but how wrong he was!

Can you really blame him! It's one thing to get gripped by the adjutant or for us lesser mortals the RSM but c'mon! You are not really gonna chance it with the Queen, are you?
Princess Anne had a bit of reputation for noticing (and mentioning) things like that. Not pleasant for the people mentioned.

If I'm not mistaken that would be the HCMR's RQMC trying to hold a guidon, yeah I also spotted him blowing it of his hoop...............the cat funt!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3 Gunners 7
3 Weapons, Equipment & Rations 22
3 Weapons, Equipment & Rations 3