Equerry's capbadge

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by brewmeister, Jun 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One of the equerries on the Royal Barge was clearly wearing Rifles No 1 dress but had a random capbadge which I didn't recognize. Anyone know what it was?

2. London Irish Rifles?

Royal Gurkha Rifles?

Are the KOYLI still about?

Could you describe it or draw it?

3. To be honest, no. It definitely wasn't the Rifles though, looked more like Royal Anglians if anything.

4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Probably got the wrong uniform on, easy to do in the excitement of the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Perhaps he was sporting the cap badge of the next regiments to be amalgamated into the Rifles, The Princess of Wales's Royal Anglian Fusilier Light Infantry - soon to be the new 1 RIFLES.

6. A member of the D&D who hasn't quite got around to Rifleisation?

Or some bizarre CCF/UOTC mob.

7. Probably Lt Col Dan Rex RGR, Equerry to HMQ.

8. The next Regiment to be disolved.

Must be good food at the Queen's dos at the moment, with two QGOOs and an RGR Equerry!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yep, I saw that as well. Looked like a badge and boss as found on a side hat. But worn on a No.1 dress hat? Not sure...........

10. What was the Para doing with his capbadge???? It was over his left EYE for God's sake!!!! Hasn't he heard of ally?????

• Like Like x 1
  11. Left eye for official shit, left ear for day to day allyness.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Can you really blame him! It's one thing to get gripped by the adjutant or for us lesser mortals the RSM but c'mon! You are not really gonna chance it with the Queen, are you?

13. On another note but still on the same theme, I watched the procession back to Buck House, and could not help noticing, one of the mounted officers just behind the Queen's Landau, seemed to having a lot of trouble holding on to his flag/pennant or whatever. He was quite a portly chap, and each time I saw him he looked like he was blowing out of his arse. Did anybody else see him?

14. It was indeed Dan Rex RGR. Similar uniform to Rifles for the uninitiated...