Equator

Equator

Themanwho submitted a new resource:

Equator - Awful, awful, awful. Fire bomb the author

This is a unique book, but as an American western novel written by a Frenchman, that really shouldn’t be too much of a surprise. Let me add that it’s not unique in a good way, as far as I’m concerned; this is by far the worst novel I have ever read (and I’ve read Michael Asher’s Death or Glory – The Last Commando). This is a sequel to Varenne’s first western novel Retribution Road, and appears to be intimately tied to it. Certainly not having read the first book made reading...
Read more about this resource...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I read and reviewed Retribution Road and must say I thouroghly enjoyed it,
The main character in that book was a chap called Bowman who got into a spot of bother after leaving The Old East India Company becoming a policeman in London and then leaving for America.
Sounds totally different to your book. I was lucky but I’m surprised the author went from such a good book to what you struggled through.
Oh the joys of been a reviewer.

I read and reviewed Retribution Road and must say I thouroghly enjoyed it,
The main character in that book was a chap called Bowman who got into a spot of bother after leaving The Old East India Company becoming a policeman in London and then leaving for America.
Sounds totally different to your book. I was lucky but I’m surprised the author went from such a good book to what you struggled through.
Oh the joys of been a reviewer.
Hmm. I must admit I was very disappointed with this book (as you may have gathered). It's taken me a long, long time to fight through to the last page, and I'm normally a voracious reader.