EPL Fantasy League 2017 - 18

It was an awkward week as City failed to utterly steamroll the Magpies as I had hoped. However, the mighty Mo and Co saved me somewhat. Having a few second thoughts about De Gea remaining in goal and might have to make a change.

This is not looking like a good week at all

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I have 17 points and I've been lucky in even getting that. Was up late and didn't see Salah out til too late. Doh!

Both the wife and I are having disasters, she had 9 players either yellow or red and used her wildcard to switch her team almost completely, only to check her FPL this morning and see just NINE points and FIVE zeros underneath her players....Muhahahahahahaahaha.

Meanwhile, I took a hit and switched 3 players then the three new overpaid twots scored me precisely SWEET FA by sitting their fat asses on the bench. Aaaaaaaaaaaagh !!

The IRON put a crease in his players panties and scored a fine 81 points for the GW high Score but Grim is still hanging on to the lead. To show how close the race is these are the high scorers for December - just a 20 point difference.

#1 Lantau Rovers Warwick Pearmund 464
#2 Dizz's HurriKanes Stevie C 444
#3 Badger Fondlers AFC Grim Squeaker 444

upload_2018-1-5_8-33-12.png

@Ethel_the_Aardvark @Grim_Squeaker85 @The_IRON @rockape623 @Dizzee367 @celticguy @ForestFire @heidtheba @Faithful_6th @Goatman @pombsen-armchair-warrior @Dark_Nit @CAARPS

Well, that was a pleasing week with the exception of Otamendi having a pleasing (as a Red) yet excruciating (as an FF manager) howler against the might Liverpool.

Otherwise all went well. I only wish I had Mane in my team to have snagged more pointage.

Slammed with work over the past 10 days I haven't had a chance for update, (or even have a decent sleep for that matter) :-(

But here we are with GW24 done and gone in which Grim is still hanging on to the lead by 40 points over Lantau Rovers and Dizz's Hurricanes not far behind. There was some decent scoring in the top 10 but Blane Bramble took the High Score spot for the week.

upload_2018-1-23_8-18-52.png

@Ethel_the_Aardvark @Grim_Squeaker85 @The_IRON @rockape623 @Dizzee367 @celticguy @ForestFire @heidtheba @Faithful_6th @Goatman @pombsen-armchair-warrior @Dark_Nit @CAARPS

The top five and the chips played (or NOT) :)

upload_2018-1-23_8-37-56.png

I wasn't helped by a typically piss poor Liverpool, although this time it was my usually top notch duo of Salah and Firmy who let me down!

I wasn't helped by a typically piss poor Liverpool, although this time it was my usually top notch duo of Salah and Firmy who let me down!
Me too, I had a toss up between Aguero or Kane so of course I picked Kane and with Liverpool playing like a bunch of ******* that didn't help either:)

Well, Well, I've been busy as hell at work during the *Canadian International Auto Show* and NO I am NOT a car model !!

But having neglected my team for a couple of weeks I am now back in the game. (sort of -I'm still in a sh!t place).

But for those of you still interested (CAARPS, The Iron & The Grim Squeaker....maybe :) ) there is a short game week (31) and a possible double game week (35).

This is what I messed around with today in my spreadsheet.

Game Week 31
1519512926279.png

My team today: Players in green are playing in the short week but will only play ONE game in the double week. So the dilemma is 1) Do I use my Free Hit, 2) play my 2nd Wildcard, 3) Just bite the bullet and play an 8 man team. OR 4) Use my next two trades to bolster my GW 31 team and lose a couple of high point getters ??? I'm leaning toward making two last minute trades just prior to GW 31 though.
1519513064119.png

Getting ready for GW 35. The nice thing about using a spreadsheet is that I can mess around trading players and see when I'm under the transfer budget or am I able to buy my players back if I trade them for the short term.
1519513917880.png

Of course, this is a mute point for those of you that have already used up your wildcards :)

Last edited:
Well, Well, I've been busy as hell at work during the *Canadian International Auto Show* and NO I am NOT a car model !!

But having neglected my team for a couple of weeks I am now back in the game. (sort of -I'm still in a sh!t place).

But for those of you still interested (CAARPS, The Iron & The Grim Squeaker....maybe :) ) there is a short game week (31) and a possible double game week (35).

This is what I messed around with today in my spreadsheet.

Game Week 31
View attachment 323583
My team today: Players in green are playing in the short week but will only play ONE game in the double week. So the dilemma is 1) Do I use my Free Hit, 2) play my 2nd Wildcard, 3) Just bite the bullet and play an 8 man team. OR 4) Use my next two trades to bolster my GW 31 team and lose a couple of high point getters ??? I'm leaning toward making two last minute trades just prior to GW 31 though.
View attachment 323584
Getting ready for GW 35. The nice thing about using a spreadsheet is that I can mess around trading players and see when I'm under the transfer budget or am I able to buy my players back if I trade them for the short term.
View attachment 323585

Of course, this is a mute point for those of you that have already used up your wildcards :)

Last week was an excellent one for me and I'm hoping for an above average one this week to keep the momentum up :)

A City thrashing of Arsenal on the 1st would suit me nicely :) Also, Mo Salah is the gift that keeps on giving!

Last edited:
Yeah, Mo Sala, probably every FPL Manager except for the Man U fans will have him but how can you NOT have this guy in your squad.

Meanwhile,I have to hope for my chips to pay off to finish anywhere decent.

Still hanging on to 3rd at the moment but I'm off to Pirbright next week, so I think my team might end up getting neglected for the rest of the season :(

If I ask nicely, do you think the staff there will give me some extra time to sort out my team each week?

Still hanging on to 3rd at the moment but I'm off to Pirbright next week, so I think my team might end up getting neglected for the rest of the season :(

If I ask nicely, do you think the staff there will give me some extra time to sort out my team each week?
Explain the situation to them (use bright crayons and talk slooooooowly) and I bet they will be most happy to help you out.

Explain the situation to them (use bright crayons and type slooooooowly) and I bet they will be most happy to help you out.
If you ask nicely and give me your log in details I will gladly look after your team while you are away.
Do it using the above method via PM because you wouldn't want the Squeaky raping your team and making 15 trades after I have made the ONE no cost trade :)

Explain the situation to them (use bright crayons and type slooooooowly) and I bet they will be most happy to help you out.
If you ask nicely and give me your log in details I will gladly look after your team while you are away.
Do it using the above method via PM because you wouldn't want the Squeaky raping your team and making 15 trades after I have made the ONE no cost trade :)
Pfft. I'd only need one transfer to rape his team prospects...... Bring in Mignolet in goal

This season is a right off for me and thrown my dummy in the corner already....I will still hopefully end up top ten but will be my worst ever standing since I joined. Anyway i can't fit any more titles in my signature block :) . Spank it your technical charts may be a bit above our heads...majority of us look more at a dartboard effect selection. This is normally the time of the season I started looking at getting the same players as my rivals and knowing they couldn't catch me...tip for top spot Grim Squeaker :)

This season is a right off for me and thrown my dummy in the corner already....I will still hopefully end up top ten but will be my worst ever standing since I joined. Anyway i can't fit any more titles in my signature block :) . Spank it your technical charts may be a bit above our heads...majority of us look more at a dartboard effect selection. This is normally the time of the season I started looking at getting the same players as my rivals and knowing they couldn't catch me...tip for top spot Grim Squeaker :)
Technical charts they may be but they do me F-All good :)

My tip for the top is Grim, but if the next 3 players play their wildcards correctly they may give him a good run for the title of the Cleverest Arrse on Arrse 2018 :)