Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Biffta112, Mar 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Posted to Salamanca barracks in aug and just wondering what the quarters are like?

2. H3

H3 LE

I visited there once ... Very nice I thought and plenty to do , you lucky lucky sod :0)
  3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Google Earth for an idea and e-mail the Hive for details.
  4. H3

H3 LE

5. i was brought up on that base, truly fantastic facilities, bars, schools. and the beaches and attractions arent far. cant say about the blocks but the pads, esp the new builds are stunning. good luck, seems youve allready got it
  6. I lived there as a 'pads brat' 90-92 and have served their myself. Brilliant place!
  7. Go on facebook and there is a page called married quarters r us which will be useful for pics etc.

Lionheart estate is nice.
  8. Just make sure you don't wear white trainers to the mess.
  9. Looks like you've got yourself a plum posting. Driven thru looks nice, My cousin used to skydive out there with the mil so I know its good for that
  10. I stayed there for a week with a mate about 10 yrs ago. I've been led to believe, although it is generalistic, that the HQ and formation quarters are a bit better than those put-aside for the resident Inf Bn.

My mate had a 3 bed detached. The garden had a covered yard with a fridge-freezer outside for the beer. I found it odd that he permanently had the shutters closed to keep the house cool and the lack of carpets reminded me of being in an holiday apartment

Nice pizza place and the Sgt's Mess does a cracking Sunday lunch.

Do the 'big' shopping at Orphanides in Limassol. Huge supermarket with cheap beer, meat & fish
    Orphanides Supermarkets - Store Locator Details

The Saladin gate guardian is a memorial to a good friend of mine killed in '92.
    Saladin Dedication Plaque Episkopi Garrison Cyprus
  11. I think I drove that Saladin in 1983! C Sqn 1 RTR was SBA Sqn at the time.