EPIC payment

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by dogguk, Apr 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help needed i received an epic payment last month because of my pay being incorrect by £700 i have been told that i have to pay it back, hence this leaves me again that amount short out of my wages, but the army owes me this money, i have explained my case to them that if i don't get the wages i am entittled to i am in danger of missing my mortagage payment. Any advice would be great before i go down the solicitor route has this has been going on since August 08.

2. You should be able to get an advance which is held in the Unit Suspence Acount so that the money doesn't come off of you every month. This would then be paid back as and when your pay is sorted out and you are credited the correct amount of money.

As far as I recall this was the correct method when all the Pay 2000 cock ups first happened and I have not heard anything to change this :eek:

3. Dogguk,

What was wrong with your pay in the first place? If you give a bit more information I may be able to give you a bit of advice. EPIC payments are a last resort and are used as a temporary fix until the real issue is resolved. They will be taken off you automatically after usually 1 month.

4. An EPIC payment is an advance on the GSA, however instead of the usual 3 months to pay it back you only get 1 month, if I was your FSA I would issue another EPIC until the situation is resolved.

5. Not a good idea. I took over from someone who did that, hence the DCCA and imprest was in shite order. It would mean issuing EPIC after EPIC because if it's been going on since August it isn't going to be sorted soon. The way ahead would be either to give an advance or hold any EPIC as cash until his pay is rectified.

As Rojack said, it's a quick fix but if not properly managed can f uck things up royally.

6. For some unknown reason i was charged for food and accomadation for a month and something else which resulted in a £400 epic, the following month they took the £400 back off me and food and accom which resulted in me having a second epic of £700,today 01/05/07 i have had to have another £500 epic getting beyond a joke they don't seem to realise i have a mortagage and family to look after.

7. You, my friend, need to escalate this to the RAWO as I assume the FSA is involved already. Food and accommodation is a 2 second job to stop and it sounds like you're in the EPIC mismanagement loop that I inferred in my earlier post.

True example, names omitted to protect the guilty. A LCpl is being underpaid because of change of engagement. For stake of clarity call it £100 per month. LCpl gets EPIC. Next month LCpl receive EPIC for £200 (£100 diffy wages and £100 EPIC from last month). This continues for 10 months. In the actual case the LCpl was underpaid in the region of £2000 over the period and received EPICs totalling £12000 (only £5000 of which had been taken out of his wages (different story :x )).

If what you wrote is accurate (I note the 'and something else' line!) someone is not doing their job properly. Get your Pl Sgt/Comd to talk further up the food chain. If I was your RAWO I would want to know and be all over those involved like a rash

8. OK, I am not a pay guru, and do not claim to be, but from my meagre experience, the FSA is the person that processes the EPICs. The RAWO should have no involvement in it, nor should the Pl Sgt/Comd. The RAWO will be aware of it anyway and what's Lt McPloppypants going to do about it?

It's a JPA fuck up - that's why EPICs are given. Because JPA have made a boo boo.

His FSA (if anything like ours) has probably tried their arrse off to speak to JPAC and get it sorted and EPICs are the last resort. These things are not done lightly. If you want to throw the "naughty sponge" at someone, throw it at JPA, not your Cbt HR Spec WRAC Staff Clerk RAPC AGC person.

You need to wobble your head a bit more sunshine, it might make more sense.

I am willing to be proved different by Paywog at any stage and will apologise for my misgivings if I am wrong.

Sluggy x

9. My last post was not a dig at you.

Mr Billy Know It All just annoyed me.

Have you been on a course recently, or detached? Whenever anything is changed on your JPA it throws everything off kilter and it all has to be reset. Yes, Mr Cleverpants said it takes 2 seconds, and it does, but JPA is not the easiest thing to try and circumnavigate. If you have any problems with your clerks (fuck) Cbt HR Spec when you get back to work after the Bank Holiday Weekend, PM me and I will find you a man who knows. Unless of course someone else has a better idea?????

Sluggy xxx

10. [quote="The_Snail".

Sluggy x[/quote]

Feel better for getting that off your chest? Good.

I stick by what I posted. He states in his first post that this has been going on since last August, which is why I think he needs to escalate it because this is far too long. If everyone was doing their jobs correctly a Tiger Team query should have been done months ago if the unit or JPAC couldn't sort.

11. Feel better for getting that off your chest? Good.

I stick by what I posted. He states in his first post that this has been going on since last August, which is why I think he needs to escalate it because this is far too long. If everyone was doing their jobs correctly a Tiger Team query should have been done months ago if the unit or JPAC couldn't sort.[/quote]

Shitelips, I couldn't agree more about the Tiger team (grrr), however, I don't agree with people like you larging it when you have no idea what you are talking about.

A for spelling though.

12. So you've resorted to personal insults already. After 21 years as a Regtl Clerk, Mil Acct, Mil Clerk and finally Cbt HR Spec at RD I'm thought myself qualified to give an opinion, but hey, what do I know.

Oh and I use spell check. Why, were you looking for a spelling mistake?

13. Has a SNCO have spoken with FSA directly on a number of occassions but got no joy, have spoken with the RAO said he was going to look at this as a case study still nothing, if i am not getting any joy this route are there any other avenues of approach, which can be explored before my wife marches into camp and starts world war 3.