Ephedrine

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by gorilla, Feb 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I,ve been training for months doing exercises as advised by the unit APTCI, also I have been following the dieting plan that was given to me by the master chef. I've been doing this for 6 months now and still haven't lost my gut, i've heard of other guys using ephedrine to loose weight, but before I use any I want to know the in's and out's of using it and whether or not it is legal (CDT). Anybody any info?

2. Ephidrine is for dicks, end of story!

3. Eph is illegal to take whilst serving in the forces, though not illegal to possess in civvy street. If you aren't expending more cals then you put in then you won't lose bodyfat, so:

1. Do more cardio
    2. Eat less
    3. Or combine the two

4. True to burn more calories you need to do more exercise.

My understanding is that Eph. is a short term assist and stimulant, which is why athletes 'accidently' take a cold and flu medicine just before an event.

For an interesting check of what is bad for you check out US military sites for SF recruitment and training. They go: Although not illegal you will fail selection if you are found to be in possesion of or taking: X, Y or Z. This includes Creatin which I saw a Holland and Barrett advert for on the TV last night.

The long and short of it is, there is no easy way, only sweat and pain. Drugs phuq you up [fullstop]..........who wants to grow tits and speak like a eunuch?

5. Creatine is not a banned substance in the British Army. Ephedrine will not give you bitch tits either. You must be thinking of testosterone. What drugs are you reffering to that 'phuq you up'?

6. The effects of ephedrine are similar to that of amphetamines. When I used to work as a doorman in Manchester, some people (e.g. those who also had a fulltime day-job) would take them to keep them going on the door all night.. This would lead to talking-sh!te, constant fidgeting and paranoia. Sometimes it was more entertaining watching the ephedrine takers than the blart in the queue..

7. Ephedrine is illegal in the armed forces, however Sudafed is not!

Details from the BNF

Sudafed®(Warner Lambert)
    Tablets, red, f/c, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60 mg. Net price 24 = £2.12

elps u breathe more easily.

Its only available in small quantities tho over the counter for the simple reason it is now generally used as a major ingredient in the production of crystal meth!

8. Drugs are for mugs

More exercise for you tubby, only sure fire way to lose that blubber

Won't mean that you actually lose weight though. when I was training for a marathon last year I went up to 14 stone

9. I assume you're referring to Creatine Monohydrate, which is a chemical found naturally in red meat and some fish? How on earth can they ban that or even test for it? Its not illegal in athletics because its a natural product found in many constituents of an average athlete's diet.

10. I can echo that, I did a stint onthe door and some of the fellas used Ephidrine, you could tell them a mile away, chattering teeth, sweaty brows, talking utter bollocks, and generally letting you down when the sh1t hit the fan.

I'd agree with you on the entertainment factor but when you've got one of these turds watching your back, there is little funny to think about.. apart from the roll of tens and twenties in yoru back pocket from letting said 'blart' in the fire exit.... then not sharing with your Ephidrined up colleagues :D

11. :thumright:

12. Many thanks for your replies, guess I'm going to have to lower my calorie intake then, as im not going to risk taking something that gives you those side effects and turns you into a proper monger.

13. and ephi will give you a 'close positive' on CDT - same as being a chronic alcohol abuser does