Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by gorilla, Feb 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I,ve been training for months doing exercises as advised by the unit APTCI, also I have been following the dieting plan that was given to me by the master chef. I've been doing this for 6 months now and still haven't lost my gut, i've heard of other guys using ephedrine to loose weight, but before I use any I want to know the in's and out's of using it and whether or not it is legal (CDT). Anybody any info?
  2. Don't do it. Basically it's amphetamine. I expect it's illegal. And it'll fcuk your head up ...... paranoia, depression ...... that sort of thing.
  3. Ephedrine (EPH) is a sympathomimetic amine similar in structure to the synthetic derivatives amphetamine and methamphetamine. Ephedrine is commonly used as a stimulant, appetite suppressant, concentration aid, decongestant and to treat hypotension associated with regional anaesthesia.

that is from the wiki entry here

ephedra is similar in nature to amphetamine (speed) but it works in a different manner. it is effective as an appetite suppresant. for weight loss it isn't the key though. ultra low-fat diet/take additional protein (shakes made up with skimmed milk keep the carb count down), and plenty of aerobic(swimming, running, stuff that gets you out of breath) and anaerobic(muscle building) workouts are the way!

incidentally; building bigger muscle mass will do one of the jobs that ephedra based products are renowned for. namely; increasing your metabolism and therefore burning off more weight.

i don't want to sound like a patronising <expletive deleted> here, but getting the weight off is a long term thing. pills and potions are purely a short term fix.

there are caveats involved with ephedra as well, including, but not limited to; increased heart rate, dizziness, headaches, and so on.

legality wise; it's illegal to buy on it's own, but as part of a product that contains it as an active ingredient it's ok. on the CDT side i don't know.
  4. Ideal for the RMP's then!!
  5. Seriously, sod the APTCI off and get yourself a proper CV and weights programme off the net. Get a training partner and hit the road/gym.

Try your local civvy gym and see if there are any personal PTIs trained in functionality and weight loss.