Ephedrine

Tordyleighs said:
Hi i wondered if there was anyway to avoid being thrown out of the military for a failed cdt test (it was epherdrine)
Anything at all ?
I'd imagine not.

And this thread should be stickied, as the grey area of ephedrine being banned or not rises its ugly head every six months or so.

Just had to google what epherdrine was.

I couldn't find anywhere that said it is an illegal drug, What do the army say? Do they class it as a steroid?

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Seems that it raises a false positive as an amphetamine. Prescription only over a certain dosage but not an illegal substance.

Does anyone know the official policy?

The military down graded me as a result of being injured in iraq, then through their ill after care and not transfering physio etc to where i was moved to ive been kept down graded no matter how many times ive tried to get up graded i then applied to go on tour to iraq with my reg and the military still said no,i paid for a private medical and everything to try and get upgarded i stupidly took the drug once to improve my fitness to get upgarded and have been caught i didnt even think of the consquences,just want to to go serve with my reg,by making a stupid mistake for the job that i love im being thrown out im desperate i dont want the boot?The military is my life i dont want to lose my job through sheer stupidity id do anything?

Basicallly that im out in 3 months they will give me a re-settlement course, not recieved documentation yet no been showed the results in black and white etc?

Tordyleighs said:
i stupidly took the drug once to improve my fitness
I'm not a doctor and haven't got a clue about this stuff but two thoughts spring to mind.
1 - How long after taking it did you have your CDT?
2 - How long does this stuff remain in a person's system as a detectable substance?

Was the drug prescribed by the Dr after the privat medical you had, if so you should be able to get a copy of the prescription.

strange they are giving you resettlement on a CDT discharge, do u know under what QRs they are discharging u under?

Were you afb 130A? or could it be for medical

Just had look on the army website and found no mention of ephedrine being banned, never heard it mentioned in a substance missuse lecture nor has it came up on orders like popers have.

Surely, IIRC if you were discharged for a CDT failure you were just fcuked off, no resettlement? For a controlled drug ie cannabis/heroin/cocaine etc you were gaoled first weren't you?

hogspawn said:
Surely, IIRC if you were discharged for a CDT failure you were just fcuked off, no resettlement? For a controlled drug ie cannabis/heroin/cocaine etc you were gaoled first weren't you?
Cannibis use is usually just kicked out (sometimes junior ranks can even soldier on).
A CDT WO1 told me only one person had ever failed due to morphone based drug and that person was a nurse who had mental problem.
Not sure on coke I know that people will be discharge from the army because of it but I'm not sure if they go via colly.

I have a friend (sounds dodgy doesn't it?) who is prescribed ephedrine for Asthma..........................may be worth looking in to, if it is prescribed for Asthma then may be it is a legal drug. Hope it helps.

Delhispearman said:
I have a friend (sounds dodgy doesn't it?) who is prescribed ephedrine for Asthma..........................may be worth looking in to, if it is prescribed for Asthma then may be it is a legal drug. Hope it helps.
According to this site it is legal in the UK, but military rules may differ from civvie street.

http://www.pure-ephedrine.co.uk/about.htm

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gorilla Health and Fitness 48
gorilla The Training Wing 17
gorilla Health and Fitness 4