EOD on Sky?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by JamoJ, Mar 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does any one recall a Sky program produced about 2002? Showing 11 EOD's finest doing there stuff during a licensing Ex at Kineton? I'm keen to see it again if I can find it?
  2. I'm also keen on seeing this.

I have a program on my hard drive following the HT course at kineton, but I think it's earlier than 2002 (seeing as one of the corporals in that show was a WO2 in 2006 - we promote quickly but not that quickly ;) )
  3. I believe the programme was called "The Detonators" and followed various people throughout the world blowing stuff up, IIRC they filmed Demon Beacon (possibly) in Jan 2001 - it was a long time ago and they weren't filming on my day, nor did they use the classic quote from Yankee Charlie who when asked what he was going to do when he left the Army replied "Well paedophilia has always had an appeal".
  4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Yes, Detonators. "Be at one with the bomb", "I could have been a Supermodel" and other such classic turns of phrase.
  5. It's Wednesday, Job two. I'm cold and bored out of tiny little mind watching a well - known 'Welsh Bomb - Disposal Officer' demonstrate why he's known as the lazyist AT ever know to draw breath (after Blackadder, of course). When up tips the Operations Officer with a camera crew in tow.

It's what they didn't show that keeps me in chuckles...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Are you by any chance an LE major, and once spent time in Germany in a non ammo, training job?
  7. Do you mean such immortal phrases as:

“So do you consider yourself a hero?”

“No I consider myself a paedophile!”