EOD in Iraq in loaded magazine

You join loaded in Basra, Iraq where we're spending the day with the British Army's Explosive Ordnance Disposal Regiment, a crack team of sappers that scour the battle-ravaged deserts looking for live ordnance -
Further on in the article
I see a mortar shaped like a jugglers baton and grab it carelessly at the base. A metal splinter cuts into my hand and it hits the ground with a thud. Smoke pours from it. Considering this normal, I try to pick it back up. Then I realise I'm in a 'situation'.....The missle is 'bad'. People are shouting and backing off. My heart hurtles into my mouth and I pelt away from the mortar wishing like f*uck I wasn't heare. With everyone running for cover, jock walks over and kicks sand on it, scowling 'Fcuking cowards!' as the mortar defuses.
sounds like a bit of journalistic liberty on loaded's part, trying to liven up the article a wee bit.

Sounds like a job for the tee-shirt printed with the following words

ATO - IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING TRY TO KEEP UP.

cdn_spr said:
You join loaded in Basra, Iraq where we're spending the day with the British Army's Explosive Ordnance Disposal Regiment, a crack team of sappers that scour the battle-ravaged deserts looking for live ordnance -

sounds like a bit of journalistic liberty on loaded's part, trying to liven up the article a wee bit.

Sounds like opening drivel to the A Team!!

Thanks for the heads-up, fellas. Guess what's featuring in the next issue of Pig Sick. :twisted: :wink:

Thing, old boy, for someone who isn't the Glorious Corps' biggest fan, you do like posting on our board, don't you? Don't worry about it - we may just be ignorant mud muppets but, as we always have the best bars, we are well used to people from all sorts of fish 'n' chip outfits visiting us, standing in the corners and chatting amongst themselves about what a bunch of arrseholes we are :) :)

(If anyone is unsure, this is meant as a bit of light-hearted banter and not an incitement to riot!)

Someone in Corporate Communications didn't put their thinking hat on. Is the average Loaded reader really the type of person you want wandering into a careers office and expressing an interest in EOD?

He does have a point though, they DO always have the best bars.

wedge35 said:
Sir Rowley Birkin QC said:
He does have a point though...
There's a first time for everything, eh? :D
I know. Who would have thought, eh? :wink:

Don't tell anyone I know I said something nice about you

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
crabtastic said:
Someone in Corporate Communications didn't put their thinking hat on. Is the average Loaded reader really the type of person you want wandering into a careers office and expressing an interest in EOD?
At least they would be expendable!

It has been said before on this site that the RE EOD is far better at the self publicity than the RLC, perhaps had they not fcuked of Loaded then they would have been the ones buying the beer. :):)

Truth be known, at that weekend, we didn't fcuk Loaded off. We were sat there the night before waiting to take them on a sight seeing tour, but the opportunity never arose. As for the interview, the RAF lads did all the work but the RE publicity train got the words in. Oh and the big bloke with hands like shovels wowed them with stories. We don't care though, they didn't bring any of the girls.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thiswayup Jobs Offered 1
LEGZ30 RLC 18
k13eod Jobs Offered 0