EOD for Elephants

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Surely if the pachyderms can spot the things and avoid them it's best to leave them in to deter/thin out poachers...?!
Thought that was what the lions were for.

If you were face to face with one of the scary bastards, you'd probably find they were quite enhanced enough....
That's the problem. There're not enough to guarantee face to face interaction with poachers. Something with a bit of range might help.

Besides I think everyone should have the option of a cooked meal.

Jumbos have an acute sense of smell.
There've been many posts here re using sniffer dogs, cane rats etc as mine detecting animals.
So - as they say, elephants never forget - it is likely that a herd will associate a certain scent with previous mayhem, and avoid the dodgy areas.
Plenty of stories of elephants returning to places after many many years away, because they obviously have fond memories of those locations.

If you were face to face with one of the scary bastards, you'd probably find they were quite enhanced enough....
I'd just run away. I might not run faster than a lion but that doesn't matter; I just need to run faster than you.

I have a Bull Mastiff.
I want a Honey Badger next.

Now, if the heffalumps could learn to herd poachers into minefields.....
No, the opposite. They should metal-detect a safe route into the centre of a minefield, lead the elephants in and fence them in.

Then let the poachers find them.

Mines ? A bit of generic ground based explosive noun.
We , that is in the military hardware sense, got into plastic, anti- personnel stuff, scattered indescrimately across territory, seeded from helicopters. The Sahel is an example.

There's a few call signs on here, employed in finding these, besides Dumbo

Mines ? A bit of generic ground based explosive noun.
We , that is in the military hardware sense, got into plastic, anti- personnel stuff, scattered indescrimately across territory, seeded from helicopters. The Sahel is an example.

There's a few call signs on here, employed in finding these, besides Dumbo
The piece mentions the field of Cuito Cuinavale specifically. I imagine that got all sorts of fancy stuff, plus masses of bog standard artillery rounds and aerial munitions.