EOD find of the century, medals all round.

arfah

LE
He was lucky it was only a round designed for an Enfield rifle, fcuk knows what would’ve happened if he found one designed for a Bren?

Didn't know Privi made ammunition for the UK during WW2! Wonder how they got the Germans to allow it to be exported!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

historicus

Swinger
Not an expert and I could be wrong but that headstamp looks like modern Prvi Partizan Ammunition so it would struggle to have laid 'dormant in the sands for over 80 years'. Calling @stoatman and @4(T)

ETA Crap - beaten to it by instinct!

The Ribble has had a lucky escape , the damage this could have caused can only be imagined.

A slightly frightened seagull or a dislodged dog turd.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Just think what could have happened if this huge bomb cache had gone off ?

The bravery of our EOD boys who without any thought for their own safety arrived on scene and defused this weapon of mass destruction by chucking in the bin outside Burger King on the way home.

WW2 ammunition uncovered buried in Southport sands | On The Spot (OTS) News Southport
Scrolled down to see another story on OTS that James Gelling has been beaten to shit whilst awaiting trial, how I chuckled.

Verwaltung

Clanker
Just think what could have happened if this huge bomb cache had gone off ?

snip
Yes, just think, if it hadn't been soaked in seawater daily for the last 80 years .

I wonder what the fuzz did to "deactivate" it, because frankly they'd have had to re-activate it first....

The Ribble has had a lucky escape , the damage this could have caused can only be imagined.

A slightly frightened seagull or a dislodged dog turd.
A frightened seagull shitting on your new jacket is no laughing matter. Weston Super Mare, summer of 1976, I still can't talk about it.

I've been to southport. I consider it a near miss, that could have gone off and killed me. The fickle finger of fate eh?!
In about a year's time you need to contact a lawyer and describe how the experience left you fearful and has caused anxiety for the past year. A pro-bono action for compensation is surely called for.

In about a year's time you need to contact a lawyer and describe how the experience left you fearful and has caused anxiety for the past year. A pro-bono action for compensation is surely called for.
I wouldn't use the lead singer of U2 for litigation even if he claims to be a pro.

Chef

LE
If it had gone off could it have detonated the SS Richard Montgomery in a sympathetic explosion?

Only last year I was on that very coastline in Aberystwyth. My God that was close, a man only has so much luck.

That was the 'discovery of a life time'. What am I missing?

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I wouldn't use the lead singer of U2 for litigation even if he claims to be a pro.
Given the subject matter, I read that as 'led' singer, not 'leed' singer