EOD blows sunken WWII barge full of ammo -VIDEO

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Jul 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. I bet there's a few floating fish after that one. Awsome!
  3. jaw drops! :omg:
  4. Awesome!
  5. Cow

Cow LE

Edit: Am pissed.
  6. WOW! That would have been something to see up close... but not too close eh? 8O
  7. I loved the sound of a panicky surrender monkey squealing "Ouvre la porte!" (open the door) as the blast wave approched. Pity the fruit bat couldn't have stayed and filmed it.

Watched the footage of the bell ringing at Normandy Block. Looks like a good way of getting broken Nods motivated to get out of Hunter Troop. Some very proud young Royal Marines.
  8. Exellent!

Isnt there a boat on the south east coast full of WW2 kit...just waiting for the off....as it where.
  9. OK, so how do you go back and check for complete detonation? You know the drills, it has to be done every time :D

10. Just inside the thames estuary, full of explosive just will be impossible to conduct dems on it as it is too dangerous. I think it is marked by permanent warning buoys. I think it was a ammo boat that sunk full to the hilt. There was a programme about it quite recently.

11. msr

msr LE

12. "240 Mustard Gas Bombs!"
    I thought that stuff was WWI?
  13. Slightly bigger than my homemade ANFO effort at Bellshields,Otterburn in January.
  14. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Yes, mustard gas was stored and shipped to many WW II theaters, during WWII.

We also trained with Mustard gas, in the NBC classes. They would apply three pin drops of the liquid on the inside of ones forearm. You then used the 'pinch blot' (A chemical salve & pad) method to remove two of the pin drops. You were required to leave one drop, which soon turned into a .50 cent sized blister. I have a scar on the inside of my forearm still, from that untreated one. I took that training in the 60's.

There was also an incident in Italy, during WWII were a Munitions ship was bombed and released mustard gas, stored onboard.

Actually, liquid Mustard gas, if one was allowd to use it, can deny large areas to one's opponents, especially in brushy areas.