Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello All.

Shortly off to Keogh to start my PQO Entry Officers Course and thought it would be worth asking if anyone with recent (or not so recent) experience of this had any advice of the "I wish I'd known that before I started" variety.

Also, any suggestions for useful kit items not on the joining instructions would be appreciated. (I've already packed my teddy and my signed copy of Bravo Two Zero.)

Many thanks,

DD

ps I realise this kind of post is like a big red flag to the bull of banter and have adopted the brace position accordingly...

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

What, six of the best, trousers down?

Dont forget your knife and fork.

3. Noted.

And I guess that some sort of clever hat camouflage might be in order?

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

You dont want to be facing a machine gun without your stick.

5. and spoon

6. A good steam iron

7. My experience of Strensall was that the instructors were good for the Mil Skills stuff but the Med stuff was just going through the motions. Genuinely don't think I knew more after than before about provision of med support.

8. Best bit of advice I had was 'Play the game'. That way the nasty horrible shouty men (called 'DS') leave you alone and pick on those who think they are VIPQOs (Very Important PQOs), giving them a hard time instead.

Take a good book with you wherever you go. This will fill in the many many hours of hanging around waiting for late transport, late VIPQOs etc etc. It also provides a nutritious alternative to Menu E rations.

Jez

9. Thanks for your thoughts, guys.

Comprehensive cutlery selection now packed too.