Environmentally-friendly weapons

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by johnojohnson, Sep 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lead Free Bullets

I don't know if this has been done before and thought you may enjoy the article.

Pretty obvious me thinks.

JJ

2. Im not sure what the design brief was for the humble bullet but I reckon it included something about posing a threat to people.

3. How about a rifle that fires tree saplings? If left in situ the decomposing body could feed the young tree, repopulating wooded areas, increasing oxygen levels reduced by MacD forest clearing in south America and as a bonus providing a marker for families to pay their respects in the future.

Tree huggers got to just love em

"BAE Systems' intiative is backed by the Ministry of Defence which has, rather spendidly, "proposed quieter warheads to reduce noise pollution and grenades that produce less smoke".

WTF, presumably not smoke grenades though..........

4. This isnt as counterintuitive as it may at first seem. People who work and train in indoor ranges are exposed to massive amounts of lead contamination. I know some facilities have installed powerful dust extraction systems, but it makes more sense, where possible, to simply remove lead from the equation.

5. Included in the list of tree-hugging hardware is the "lead-free" bullet, offering clear advantages over the traditional variety which "can harm the environment and pose a risk to people".

Bullets that pose a risk to people - NEVER.

BT