ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Markbens, Jun 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey I'm looking at joining the army as an environmental technician. I'm just wondering is it realy hard to get a place as this in the army, as I can't see them training many every year?

2. Only four Army selections last year and the same this year, so yes it is hard to get a place. Don't let that put you off, though.

3. Thanks for the reply when you say only four army selections how many get selected to train each time?

4. Only four were selected to train out of all the applicants, to fill the available places. The exact number of places changes each year depending on the projected need, but these places are always heavily oversubscribed. Don't let that put you off, though - if you're good enough, you have a good chance. You need to discuss options with your recruiter.

Edit: The EHT selections take place each year in October at Keogh Barracks. The exact date has yet to be decided but the recruiters will be advised in due course.

5. Gr8 trade - worth pursuing - had a gr8 time and job satisfaction guaranteed.