Entry requirments?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by conure, Aug 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I've never posted on this part of the forum before as I just passed RSC to join as an Infantry soldier, I was curious as to how officers are selected, do they do something similar to RSC, and if so, what kind of run times and physical fitness levels must they achieve?

2. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Post subject: Entry requirments?

Being able to spell helps.
    (sorry, couldn't help it)
  3. Is that because officers spend lots of time filling in paperwork and no time fighting? :D

And I'm very sorry I missed that 'e' out, but I am only going to be a thick as **** Infantry soldier, remember?
  4. napier

If you can't take a gentle ribbing, then you don't belong in the Infantry. Oh, and I'm more than happy to compare war stories with anyone.
    (Edited to add, sorry for snapping, but lack of sleep from new baby removes sense of humour)
  5. I was just messing about mate, no hard feelings...I thought a new baby was meant to be a thing of joy?!
  6. napier

Not at 0330 hrs it isn't...
    (Edit, congrats on RSC by the way, which Regt are you going for?)
  7. haha, point taken!

I'm going for PWRR, thanks for the congratulations, I know the hardest part is yet to come though..
    What about you, I take it you're an officer?
  8. napier

1 PWRR - good Bn (don't know 2 PWRR). On this site rank is unimportant, but I am an Infantryman, so good luck in your attempt to join the best club in the Army.
  9. Ah cool, thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get I expect.
    Now, I think its time to head down the gym to make phase 1 that little bit easier..