Entry requirements

Hi all, im awaiting a reserve unit to get back to me but thought I would ask on here and apologies if already been covered.

I served from 1996 to 2000 with the Royal Engineers and always regretted leaving but usual story I met somone and stupidly left. Now i have divorced the oxygen thief who put her foot down to me joining reserves , I am now able to do what I like.

I left as a B2 combat engineer and A2 Armoured Engineer and was wandering if any ex RE on here will know if

1) those grades will stay with me when i join reservists

2) will I need to complete combat engineering again or just do basic training

3) what the fitness entrance tests are as probaly changed since i was in

Any info much appreciated and im hoping to join 221 EOD Troop. Have emailed them and will be calling them next week to see if I can nip down and have a chat.

Thanks all

my advice would be to apply on line immediately if you want to be in by Christmas!! Forget the "1-2 days" s*i*e on the website, with prior service checks, as well as all the other incompetence, you're looking at months before you get anywhere near initial training!!

For those currently serving in the Reserves, I wondered what the swim test was like? I seem to go backwards when doing the breaststroke, don't know how but I struggle to make the other end!