Entry requirements (Grades)

Hi all,

I'm seriously considering joining the REME and will be starting the process this week, I'm just trying to decide on what career and it's between two..

1 - Vehicle Mechanic

2 - Electronics Technician

Grades wise, I have D's in GCSE Maths, Science and English, with a City and Guilds Level 1 certificate in Electrical Installation and a Diploma of Higher Education in Business Management. With these GCSE grades, I can't do the Electronics Technician.. But I'm wondering if there was any flexibility on this as I have a Level 5 qualification?

Thanks in advance.

I’m pretty certain that you’ll need C’s minimum. Even with the level 5.

They might have looked at your situation differently if the level 5 had been in something REME related, like mechanical engineering.

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
Hi all,

I'm seriously considering joining the REME and will be starting the process this week, I'm just trying to decide on what career and it's between two..

1 - Vehicle Mechanic

2 - Electronics Technician

Grades wise, I have D's in GCSE Maths, Science and English, with a City and Guilds Level 1 certificate in Electrical Installation and a Diploma of Higher Education in Business Management. With these GCSE grades, I can't do the Electronics Technician.. But I'm wondering if there was any flexibility on this as I have a Level 5 qualification?

Thanks in advance.
I did the Tech course before you were born, with 10 O levels and it was hard. I'm sure its easier now. It is all Physics and high level Maths. Are you colour blind?

S7015642F

Swinger
You might be able to apply but don’t take my word. If you make it to selection centre and you didn’t have your maths or English qualification or certificate with you, you sit an exam on both of these.

All job roles in army take a cognitive test (for electronics technician you need to score at least 48) and those job roles such as REME, engineers, signals- will do a technical exam which you need to score 29/55 on the paper. This is at selection centre if your recruiter thinks you can apply for these job roles.

It’s something to ask you careers centre if you apply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Threads