Entry level exams can anyone help pls

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Frenchlady, Nov 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I am new here :)

I have completed my BARB and I am doing my English and Maths exams on Wednesday. I am a late entrance I am 30 so been some 15 years since I had to sit any exams. I am studying like mad and doing example papers that are GCSE general questions but can anyone pls shed any light on what sort of questions I will be asked? Is it like the BARB and on the computer or is it written? Am I supervised? I have only been told they are a hour each and that to be a clerk I need to get level 1. I have never been great with exams so would just like a few pointers on anything I should be paying extra attention to while studying.

2. It is all on the computer and is basic numeracy and literacy tests, regarding the aquired pass mark its Entry level 2 (some people say this is similar to a 14 year old)for all jobs except infantry which is EL1. You do require G for English Language and Maths but dont worry too much your recruiter will take you through all of this.
  3. Thanks for that I just did it and got 84% in Maths and 72% in English. So hoping that enough to get in
  4. lol
    Thats strange thats exactly what I got. :p
  5. Hey chill out your going to give yourself a heart attack at that age! Honestly don't worry about it, it's all super basic stuff. Just look up some free psychometric tests on google, flick through them to give you an idea of what the test is like. Good luck!