Entry for NHS Qualified Nurse?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Bushnut, Jun 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I have already passed RCB but due to injury had to voluntarily discharged. Now going back to Uni to do a degree in Nursing.

    I am wondering whether I will have to start from scratch again, or where in the rank structure I would come in at.

    Any info/advice appreciated

    (N.B. above post written by my girlfriend - no account on ARRSE yet.)
  2. Forastero

    Forastero LE Moderator

    That doesn't make sense. If you pass AOSB (RCB as was), you pass AOSB. You can't voluntarily discharge yourself from AOSB if you've passed it already!

    Anyway, if you have a pass from AOSB, there is no need for you to do it again but you will still have to sit a selection board of some kind. Best bet is to ring the QA Recruiting Team on 01276 41 2741 and they will be able to give you the full chapter and verse on your query.
  3. The discharge was after passing RCB (AOSB) and PRE-RMAS course. (ie. place secured at RMAS but then voluntarily discharged - with a view to getting injury sorted and returning).

    Thanks for the contact info.
  4. Forastero

    Forastero LE Moderator

    That makes more sense! :D
  5. To come in as a Nursing officer you will still need to years post-registration though, AOSB or not.

    T C
  6. Have you thought about applying to do your nurse training within the army? More pay and a free(ish) place to live.
  7. ive put links in the recruiting section to do with nursing bursaries

    contact the QA recruiting team direct, as the ACIO wont have an idea of what you're on about