Entitlements on Posting

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by darkside47, Dec 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. aaaaaaaaaa

2. I was told (By our clerks) that the ferry and all car related costs are factored into LOA.

3. You can put in for an advance of claim for the hotel and food through JPA. It isn't for the entire amount and be sensible when estimating what you will actually spend on food. I believe the food rates are higher in Germany but speak to a clerk who will be able to tell you exactly what it is.

Headlights and tyres are part of what LOA funds - however you will have a period of grace before you need these.

Learn the lesson about Disturbance for your next move. You need to make sure you submit the claim in time for it to hit your pay statement before you move and not expect it to be processed like a normal JPA claim.

What annoys me is that people are not being told about advances of claims.

4. The RAAC went out with the Chieftain Tank fella. Read JSP 752 instead.

You can claim for an advance for the journey

MMA from posting to Birmingham airport then Hannover or Paderborn to your Garrison, providing no military buses or welfare to pick you up *Notional journey

Disturbance you can put in for 6 weeks before you move

You have the choice to move into the units welfare flat opposed to the hotel.

Tyres and headlights are a matter of course if you want the benefits of tax free fuel

5. Thanks to the replies, the jsp and the RAAC where both mentioned in the spec instructions. The disturbance I know I can claim 6 weeks in advance however due to me moving out on the 30th Dec the earliest I can apply is 18 Nov (after the pay run) and by the time it is authorised as well can make it the 20th, so it didn't matter when I applied for it. I also know that loa will eventually pay for lights and tyres and a period of grace which is 30 days, but due to pre-deployment training straight away gives me 5-10 days to get the car ready so will need to pay out up front which will take. With being preoccupied with the move the Advance completley slipped my mind, so thanks for the reminder

6. Keep an eye on notice boards and the military newspapers for second hand headlights, they won't cost that much. You might even be able to get hold of winter tyres with wheels (which saves a big pain in the arse).

7. special intructions http://www.ms.dii.r.mil.uk/jpa/assign/index.htm numbers 1 para f,12, 146 they all mention RAAC, jsp 752 is only mentioned in the LOA section, instruction 187

An extract - literally says the same as RAAC
    JSP 752
    CHAPTER 4
    SECTION 10
    PRIVATELY ARRANGED PASSAGE

04.1006. Eligible Journeys. A Service person, and where appropriate their immediate family, if they are entitled to be conveyed at public expense, may seek permission to travel by a PAP when they are due to undertake one of the following journeys:
    a. Service personnel and/or immediate families:
    (1) From a UK duty station to an overseas duty station on assignment (permanent or temporary); or
    (2) To a new UK or overseas duty station on completion of an overseas assignment (permanent or temporary); or

8. But what they don't tell you is that you are entitled, JSP 752 chap 4 section 10, you just need COs permission Annnex A of sect 10.
    I found that out when I confronted them with it, they where a bit flustered. The majority of people do not read their special instructions, it gives you your leave entitlement for moving. On my last assignment order it said I was entitled to 1 day leave to move because I was going to another service.

9. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Rather than start a new thread (and also on the subject of posting entitlements) - here's another teaser if anyone's clued-up enough to give a confident answer...

Due posting next month, over 50 miles away, serving MUA because we managed to retain MQ here as I may end up getting posted on promotion (fingers X'd) and could be posted twice in 11 months.

So... according to my own interpretation of the JSP 752 I can whack in a bog standard £80-odd DA claim (moving to SLA) as the DA principle is based around the service person, and not that of his or her immediate family.

But as we know - different pay staff interpret the JSP in different ways. So would anyone care to voice their opinions on the following:

A. I'm gonna pass 'Go', collect my £80-odd and use it to sort my new phone line out and tin of paint for my new shoe-box of a room.

B. I'm going directly to jail. Do not pass 'Go'. Do not collect £200.

10. Try reading all of it!!!

04.1006. Eligible Journeys. A Service person, and where appropriate their immediate family, if they are entitled to be conveyed at public expense, may seek permission to travel by a PAP when they are due to undertake one of the following journeys:

a. Service personnel and/or immediate families:

(1) From a UK duty station to an overseas duty station on assignment (permanent or temporary); or

(2) To a new UK or overseas duty station on completion of an overseas assignment (permanent or temporary); or

(3) As outlined in sub-paragraphs 04.1006a(1) and a(2) but with an associated leave journey included.

(4) Moves on retirement or discharge or transfer to the Reserve, to a place of their choice other than in the UK provided, in the case of a Reservist, that they normally live overseas.
    b. Immediate families only:

(1) When they are necessarily being returned to the UK other than on assignment (eg in the event of sickness or change of PStat Cat).

(2) When they are moving from overseas to rejoin their Service spouse/civil partner/parent at a new duty station when the immediate family had previously moved overseas at private expense. In this event, the Service spouse/civil partner/parent would have already moved to the new duty station.

INELIGIBILITY

04.1007. Travel to/from Germany. Service personnel and immediate family, travelling to or from a location in Germany served by the trooper, are ineligible for PAP refunds.

11. You are moving into Single Accn, so you are entitled to Single DA Rates, as long as you are ordered to "move in writing" (Assignment Order)

12. The day your movers arrive to start packing your house up could also be used as your 'Date of Move', but to be honest I would advise you to be more creative with your dates to ensure that you have your Disturbance before you go, not once you have gone.

I would also get the Winter Tyres in the UK, as they are like rocking horse poo over here at the moment (and not cheap either!!)

13. I didn't get the assignment order until 17 November so couldn't really be creative with dates, which gave me 6 weeks notice to move, over xmas.

The ferry is all paid for now as welfare and movements got it all sorted. Just got to put in the advance for £900 for the hotel.

Thanks for all answers, hope you have Merry Christmas

14. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Cheers DLS - always on the ball.

Yes - got my Assignment Order back in April would you believe? Again, if I'm correct in my interpretation, it's a one-way thing too - i.e. I wouldn't be able to claim to move back into the SFA already occupied by the trouble an' strife in say, 10 months time.

15. That would be stretching the regulations a little too far in my opinion as you are not really incurring any costs that Disturbance is supposed to cover.