Entitlement when leavin Army

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by kieran_si, Aug 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if this is in the right place? But does anybody no if i would be entitled to anything what so ever when leaving the forces. Heard that they dont help with removals and things like that. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
  2. Speak to your boss about making an appointment with your RCMO.
  3. 8 years Royal Sigs, done my resettlement at the RTC Aldershot. We have civvy clerks - not got a clue, just wondered if anyone else had gone through this as it seems abit harsh that you get nothing.
    Cheers for the replies
  4. You will rapidly find out that there is a substantial difference between the words "eligiblity" and "entitlement"

Good luck!

5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Your first move (i.e. into your first ever quarter) and your last move (back into civvy street) are done at your own expense. The Army pay for all other moves during service unless you choose to move for personal reasons.

As an 8-year soldier, I would have expected you to know this. If you don't like it, don't sign for a quarter. Simple.
  6. Fugs, has someone peed in your tea-cup , mate??? :wink:
  7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Fcuk off :D
  8. Wanna buy some ticktes to the British Grand Prix for next year :D ???
  9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Wouldn't say no mate, but knowing my luck i'll be topping my tan up again :roll:
  10. kieran_si, go onto ArmyNET and you will be able to check out all the resettlement info on there. The tri service manual thingy is in there, but so is a lot of useful other info. If your unit is crap at getting the info, go to your regional IERO, as that's his full-time job and he should be pretty expert. Good luck.
  11. It may be too late for you but there is a way to get your move back to civvie street paid for. Other readers might benefit from this though.
    You have to request your last 6 months at a unit within 50 miles of where you want to settle.

When they laugh at you (but in writing), you are entitled to claim removal expenses as per a normal posting because you would have got it if they had posted you for your last 6 months as you requested.