Entitlement to Hotel on posting to UK from overseas

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by 4Boys, Aug 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am being told that the old entitlement to up to 3 nights hotel accommodation whilst you move into a new MQ on posting from overseas to UK no longer exists.

I have looked at JSP 752 paras 3.0159 to 3.0167 and it appears this is the case.

Does anybody know if the entitlement still exists at what the reference is?

From JSP 752 V4:

03.0159…… General.
    03.0160…… Journey to the First Permanent Assignment Station on First Joining the Services and on Termination of Full Time Service.
    03.0161…… Change of Permanent Assignment Station Within the UK for Personnel due to be Accommodated in Substitute Service Accommodation - Preliminary Viewing.
    03.0162…… Change of Permanent Assignment Station From Overseas to the UK for Personnel due to be Accommodated in Substitute Service Accommodation - Preliminary Viewing.
    03.0163…… Service Families Accommodation Unavailable for Less Than 28 Days.
    03.0164…… Service Families Accommodation Unavailable for 28 days or More.
    03.0165…… Subsistence Allowances on Departure from a Permanent Assignment Station in the UK.
    03.0166…… Subsistence Allowances on Arrival at a Permanent Assignment Station Overseas.
    03.0167…… Subsistence Allowance on Departure from a Permanent Assignment Station Overseas.

2. 4B you are correct, there is still an entitlement for 3 nights NS on arrival but only if SFA is not available for "administrative reasons" - which is open to interpretation!! Reference is 03.0163 - I'm assuming your accn will be available within 28 days. Strange that the serving member of the household can then receive more NS if the SFA is still not available and no single accn is availabe either - I wonder where the family is supposed to go in thse circumstances!!!

3. I was in a hotel in Bergen at the end of last month, paid for by the unit. Sounds like someone can't be arsed to do the paperwork...Check with your UWO or Bde G1 staff.

How else do they expect you to live once your furniture is gone and you're cleaning the quarter?

4. is there a hotel entitlement for uk-uk moves as my furniture doesnt arrive until the next day?

5. WM yes - you would be covered by the same paragraph as above - speak to both your current and new RAO before commiting yourself to any outlay though!!

6. 03.0163 covers a MQ not being available with a certificate from the DHE. Like whitemouse75 my problem is personal effects not being available for several days after my MQ becomes available.

I note that a new paragraph was added last month (03.0165. Subsistence Allowances on Departure from a Permanent Assignment
    Station in the UK to overseas) and expect the overseas to UK and UK to UK scenarios are yet to be considered.

7. The above Para states "not available for administrative reasons" this does not rule out non arrival of personal effects and should apply. The certificate required is "to be obtained from DHE, the relevant housing authority or the unit, to support a NS claim" Surely your unit should be able to come up with some sort of proformas to cover this eventuality. This is the way we are playing this rule!