Entitlement for own room?

Hi,

I'm a Cpl that's just moved to a new unit. I'm 33. At my last place I had my own room, wasn't z type but it was my own. Having recently moved to a new unit I have been put into a 3 man room which is not ideal and it looks like it will be like this until I repost. I heard a rumour that if you are over 30 you are entitled to a single man room. Is this true? Where can I find the JSP for this? It's frustrating being 33 and now having to share again. It's also difficult to go moaning to the QMs dept as they are going to get pissed off with me coming to ask and be less enclosed to help.

There are spare rooms in the single room block but 3 are being saved incase women come into the unit and 3 have been put aside for the sgt mess overspill. Anyone know of any army loophole I can use to get one?

Cheers

wafubustard

War Hero
Get promoted.

Sent from my HTC Desire using ARRSE mobile app

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Have you thought about getting spliced? You can snag a pad, then.

MsG

spaz

LE
I feel your pain brother, I have to share a room with the wife and she keeps catching me having a sly tug.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Making a cpl share - that's pants. Never mind how old you are.

None of the toms in bunks?

Can't you just get one of the overspill rooms on condition you'll vacate if it's needed?

Failing that, fcuk it off and get a flat.

I heard a rumour that if you are over 30 you are entitled to a single man room. Is this true? Where can I find the JSP for this?
You wont find it because it doesnt exist, not for age and not for rank either.(Although toms tend to share and full screws dont)

Have you considered battering your sleeping roommate's swedes to bloody snot with a steam iron? That would work.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Have you considered battering your sleeping roommate's swedes to bloody snot with a steam iron? That would work.
Not sure that'd lead to the kind of single room he's after!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

There is/was something called the over 35's(?) entitlement which was to do with paying for accommodation in camp.

i was close

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Thirty three? Jack it in and get a proper job, buy your own house that way you'll have loads of rooms all to yourself and you won't get posted any where daft, you'll have a proper life.
No body will come round to inspect it and you can do all sorts until you meet a woman who will put her stamp on it and put lovely soft furnishings all over the place.
Christ sharing a room with three blokes, can't think of owt worse.

My RSM had a suite of rooms in the mess. So there you go, get promoted.

Latest Threads