Entitled or Not Entitled(LSA for reserves on OPs)

La_art

Swinger
Hello everyone,

I am currently reserve doing 6 months with the regulars on some ops. I haven't been mobilised nor have I signed anything. Literally got offered ops in Cyprus and accepted.

My question is....Am I entitled to LSA as I'm on OPs?

On my payment each day I'm doing is annual camp however I'm not exercise.

Thanks

Art

If it’s an Op or even just a prolonged period of absence from your duty station, then you should have mobilised

If you've been mobilised, or are on an FTRS(FC) commitment, then yes.

Otherwise no. That said, I can't see you getting 6 months on MTDs. Perhaps the best first step would be to find out which set of T&Cs you're serving on at the moment.

I am going to weigh into this one in true arrse style, from a perspective of no expertise and little understanding but I can almost garauntee you are going to get fucked over somewhere down the line.
1. If you "didn't sign anything" how are you getting paid? You must presumably still be on MTD's (hence the annual camp thing) in which case you should have the RAPS nause to spin up a drama somewhere and at some point you will hit the limit where you need further approval at brigade level to train (over 50 days then again at 118 I think, with a hard stop at 207 (again I think)). If you go over the 207 someone suprisingly senior will be getting asked hard questions.
2. It sounds like you have a sensible chain who have just made something happen because it needed to and have efficiently and with minimum fuss achieved a result. This will have broken the system, which is designed to not allow that to happen (outside of some niche, well resourced and no-nonsense parts of mil). If you are fortunate to be from that world just ask your JI and they'll sort you out. The fact you asking here suggests not though.
3. Read JSP 752. Seriously - read JSP 752. It will say whether or not you are entitled and if you are and someone tells you you're not quote it back to them. If they still **** you off take it higher.

La_art

Swinger
I am going to weigh into this one in true arrse style, from a perspective of no expertise and little understanding but I can almost garauntee you are going to get fucked over somewhere down the line.
1. If you "didn't sign anything" how are you getting paid? You must presumably still be on MTD's (hence the annual camp thing) in which case you should have the RAPS nause to spin up a drama somewhere and at some point you will hit the limit where you need further approval at brigade level to train (over 50 days then again at 118 I think, with a hard stop at 207 (again I think)). If you go over the 207 someone suprisingly senior will be getting asked hard questions.
2. It sounds like you have a sensible chain who have just made something happen because it needed to and have efficiently and with minimum fuss achieved a result. This will have broken the system, which is designed to not allow that to happen (outside of some niche, well resourced and no-nonsense parts of mil). If you are fortunate to be from that world just ask your JI and they'll sort you out. The fact you asking here suggests not though.
3. Read JSP 752. Seriously - read JSP 752. It will say whether or not you are entitled and if you are and someone tells you you're not quote it back to them. If they still **** you off take it higher.
Thanks

La_art

Swinger
Yeah this sucks real bad because I got accepted for another job which was paying £12 per hour but I thought with LSA and LOA I'd come back with at least 2k a month which is fairly decent as well as the experience of a regular battalion. So I just went with it I'm pretty new to this whole army scene and don't know how most of it works.

So far I've done been here August, September, October and only been paid £3.5k

Yeah this sucks real bad because I got accepted for another job which was paying £12 per hour but I thought with LSA and LOA I'd come back with at least 2k a month which is fairly decent as well as the experience of a regular battalion. So I just went with it I'm pretty new to this whole army scene and don't know how most of it works.

Being 'pretty new to this whole Army scene' seems a strange phrase to use. If you have deployed then you must be fully trained and prepared for your deployment. People don't get told to just go to Brize and hop on a plane - really, they don't. Did you not think to ask 'how much am I going to get paid for this deployment' before you went?

I hope you are not doing anything really vital. Go and see the admin staff of the unit you are with. Strangely enough, this sort of thing is their job, but don't be surprised if they decide to send you back.

Edited to add, you've been there three months and haven't asked anyone other than ARRSE about this? FFS

Stupid sounding question: are you being paid 7 days / week or just for the days you are working?

Rooper

War Hero
If you weren't mobilised for the tour your unit should have put you on an ADC as you would then be eligible for LSA and you would also be entitled to paid leave (and termination leave) on your return.

Rooper

War Hero
If it’s an Op or even just a prolonged period of absence from your duty station, then you should have mobilised
Not true, you would only be mobilised if this had been authorised and unfortunately many of the current trawls are not authorised for mobilisation.

Rooper

War Hero
and at some point you will hit the limit where you need further approval at brigade level to train (over 50 days then again at 118 I think, with a hard stop at 207 (again I think)). If you go over the 207 someone suprisingly senior will be getting asked hard questions.

The requirement for Bde authorisation for RSDs was removed about 3 years ago, this is entirely within the gift of your CoC however 207 remains the hard stop due to employment law, pension & tax implications etc.

The requirement for Bde authorisation for RSDs was removed about 3 years ago, this is entirely within the gift of your CoC however 207 remains the hard stop due to employment law, pension & tax implications etc.
I am sure you are right. Unfortunately no one seemed to have told 1 ISR X that 2 years ago. It's a good thing brigadiers don't have better things to do.

You need to get hold of your PSAO immediately and sort this out. You should be getting paid for every day you are away, if you’re not then you’re not insured, even if your not working. Who is providing your medical and dental? What are they charging you for food and accommodation?

Just days I'm working
Phone your troop/platoon commander/sgt in the uk and tell them what is going on. If they dont kick things very fast then go to your company/squadron 2ic. This is very wrong and needs sorting - if you have any kind of accident when 'off duty' the army won't cover your medical or transport on the way they are doing this.....

Phone your troop/platoon commander/sgt in the uk and tell them what is going on. If they dont kick things very fast then go to your company/squadron 2ic. This is very wrong and needs sorting - if you have any kind of accident when 'off duty' the army won't cover your medical or transport on the way they are doing this.....
What he said.

Another stupid sounding question. What colour beret are you wearing.....

Latest Threads