Enthusiasts’ Fair and Model Show - Middle Wallop - 25th November

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
All, very early warning that Holidays for Heroes will have a fundraising stall at this event. It will be a first for us, but worth a try, given the number of AAC bears (and other connections) we have. It will be indoors (ideal at that time of year) and will involve the usual table selling t-shirts, branded goods, and a tombola. Anyone living in or near Wallop would be very welcome to come along and help.

Obviously it's early days yet, but I thought you'd like the date for your diaries as it's a busy time of year. (And the Tank Museum Christmas Festival is the following weekend. We'll be there too. :) )

L

lumpy2

Hi "GR" it was good to meet you at Tankfest. Best wishes in all your endeavours.

Don't know if we'll make it to Middle Wallop but will certainly BEAR it in mind. :)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Lumpy it would be great to see you even if for a short while. There will be cake again of course :)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Shame. The 'Harvest Fruit' was particularly nice this year. :)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Folks, this event is confirmed as a 'go' for 25th November. I've taken up the option to set up on the afternoon of 24th. It will be along the lines of Tankfest - two tables, with various 'Holidays for Heroes' Merchandise, the tombola and a 'Guess the Weight of the Christmas Cake' competition.

I have four passes. If we get more volunteers, suggest we rv at 'The George' and I'll ask Joyce & Hughen if we can leave spare cars there.

Please PM me if you're interested in helping. Thanks. GRB

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Folks, as this event is now NEXT MONTH, I'd like to start a list of volunteers who could spend an hour (or more!) helping on this stall. We'll be selling t-shirts, Holidays for Heroes branded goods, jewellery, second-hand books, and brand new copies of 'Stumpy and the Auld Sapper'. We're changing our tombola for a bran tub, to be a bit more Christmassy. (See separate plea for packing popcorn for the bran tub.)

At present I'm not sure of the start time/end time, but more details will be arriving soon from the organisers and as soon as I have anything, I'll post it here.

Of course, there will be cake for the volunteers!

Volunteers so far are:

Me
Offspring and fiancee (morning only)

If you are willing and able, please add your name to the list; I'll then know how many passes to request, and how much cake to bake!

Thank you

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Little bump for the weekday readers.

Polystyrene beads would be lovely, thanks, Shopgirl. And it would be lovely to see you there.

Size of a small dustbin - about 2'6" high and 2' across.

Don't forget the bags for the little presents when we meet on Sunday!

You're an angel. I'll bring Slingsby and his new QDJM. That should spark some interest!

Thank you, Mr. Tick. It will be nice to meet you after all this time!

Volunteers so far are:

Me
Offspring and fiancee (morning only)
shopgirl
ticklishrodent

Having proffed a nice big bag of shredded paper for the Bran Tub, I spent an entertaining evening wrapping the presents for it. (With thanks to shopgirl for the bags!)

Of course the bears watched. Or, as put so elegantly by a friend of mine 'It 's always taken 2 Air Troopers to do 1 girl's work'.

Any more volunteers to help us at this event please?