Enthusiasts’ Fair and Model Show - Middle Wallop - 25th November

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Jul 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

All, very early warning that Holidays for Heroes will have a fundraising stall at this event. It will be a first for us, but worth a try, given the number of AAC bears (and other connections) we have. It will be indoors (ideal at that time of year) and will involve the usual table selling t-shirts, branded goods, and a tombola. Anyone living in or near Wallop would be very welcome to come along and help.

Obviously it's early days yet, but I thought you'd like the date for your diaries as it's a busy time of year. (And the Tank Museum Christmas Festival is the following weekend. We'll be there too. :) )
  2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Excellent news, and thank you [again]. Perfect task for Slingsby and Horsa ;-)
  3. Hi "GR" it was good to meet you at Tankfest. Best wishes in all your endeavours.

Don't know if we'll make it to Middle Wallop but will certainly BEAR it in mind. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Grownup_Rafbrat

Lumpy it would be great to see you even if for a short while. There will be cake again of course :)
  5. Mmmm. Tempting. Especially as I didn't have any cake the last time !!
  6. Grownup_Rafbrat

Shame. The 'Harvest Fruit' was particularly nice this year. :)
  7. Grownup_Rafbrat

Folks, this event is confirmed as a 'go' for 25th November. I've taken up the option to set up on the afternoon of 24th. It will be along the lines of Tankfest - two tables, with various 'Holidays for Heroes' Merchandise, the tombola and a 'Guess the Weight of the Christmas Cake' competition.

I have four passes. If we get more volunteers, suggest we rv at 'The George' and I'll ask Joyce & Hughen if we can leave spare cars there.

Please PM me if you're interested in helping. Thanks. GRB
  8. davidflies

davidflies War Hero Book Reviewer

If you want some copies of Stumpy at 40% discount let me know
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Folks, as this event is now NEXT MONTH, I'd like to start a list of volunteers who could spend an hour (or more!) helping on this stall. We'll be selling t-shirts, Holidays for Heroes branded goods, jewellery, second-hand books, and brand new copies of 'Stumpy and the Auld Sapper'. We're changing our tombola for a bran tub, to be a bit more Christmassy. (See separate plea for packing popcorn for the bran tub.)

At present I'm not sure of the start time/end time, but more details will be arriving soon from the organisers and as soon as I have anything, I'll post it here.

Of course, there will be cake for the volunteers!

Volunteers so far are:

Offspring and fiancee (morning only)

If you are willing and able, please add your name to the list; I'll then know how many passes to request, and how much cake to bake!

Thank you
  10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Little bump for the weekday readers.
  11. shopgirl

shopgirl LE Good Egg (charities)

Another bump. I think I'll be there, I'll confirm a bit nearer the date. I might be able to get hold of some polystyrene beads if they're any good for the bran tub
  12. Grownup_Rafbrat

Polystyrene beads would be lovely, thanks, Shopgirl. And it would be lovely to see you there.
  13. shopgirl

How big is the tub?
  14. Grownup_Rafbrat

Size of a small dustbin - about 2'6" high and 2' across.

Don't forget the bags for the little presents when we meet on Sunday!
  15. shopgirl

I won't or the other things you asked for, I'll sort them out tomorrow and put them in the car