Enthusiast or deluded danger to the public?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-29048538

Probably a Lee Enfield under the bed - The bolt action rifle - described as a "very accurate weapon", a brocock and an Iraqi Beretta...I know the temptation to hang on to souvenirs....but..."may have been carrying a weapon while walking his dog" whit?

Should there be zero tolerance to even legal firearms in this country, even in trained hands?

ACAB

LE
Whenever I walk my dog I ensure that I carry an SLR, a 66mm LAW, a Glock 19, two white phos grenades and a bag of 'Meaty Treats' from Aldi.

You can't be too careful.

No idea if he was a danger to the publuc but clearly bang to rights on the charges.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Whenever I walk my dog I ensure that I carry an SLR, a 66mm LAW, a Glock 19, two white phos grenades and a bag of Meaty Treats from Aldi.

If you're carrying an SLR, why do you need the other stuff?

Probably a Lee Enfield under the bed - The bolt action rifle - described as a "very accurate weapon", a brocock and an Iraqi Beretta...I know the temptation to hang on to souvenirs....but..."may have been carrying a weapon while walking his dog" whit?

Should there be zero tolerance to even legal firearms in this country, even in trained hands?

My bold.
Are you suggesting that the police and armed forces should be disarmed? After all the firearms are legal and in trained hands.

Whenever I walk my dog I ensure that I carry an SLR, a 66mm LAW, a Glock 19, two white phos grenades and a bag of 'Meaty Treats' from Aldi.

Then you, sir, are not a Gentleman. All a Gentleman needs is a clear eye, stout stick and a copy of Bradshaw.

CQMS

LE

As he held the firearms illegally anyway what good would removing firearms from FAC holders do?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Coz it's a WMD and only to be used in the last resort, as any fule nos...

Except that when one is carrying the SLR, there's no need for any resort at all.

He could have legally owned the 303 , Brockocks are legally held by some , even pistols can be owned legally in certain cases , he was eligible for FAC as he had an SGC ,my conclusion ,Throbber.

"It emerged he had served with the Territorial Army's Lowland Infantry in the 1970s and 80s.

He told police that he had been a fully trained sniper and firearms instructor."

If only he said he was in the SAS, these forums would be packed with people demanding his release.

ACAB

LE
"It emerged he had served with the Territorial Army's Lowland Infantry in the 1970s and 80s.

He told police that he had been a fully trained sniper and firearms instructor."

If only he said he was in the SAS, these forums would be packed with people demanding his release.
Is there a petition we can sign?????

ACAB

LE
Then your dog is not a Gentleman, either. The bitch.

Are you in trade?

Pfftt!!!! Gessim girl, gessim!!!

DSC02278.JPG

High on the throbber quotient indeed, what were his defence counsel thinking ? dunno about the brocock - I thought they were restricted.
As you say CptDAnjou why would he have no thought he would have breezed a FAC check for the bolt action if he had cabinets, security and a SGC. I'll state my position - I was a sporting shooter prior to Dunblane, until the university I attended at the time closed the .22LR range as a consequence, which annoyed me as it was an unrelated sporting discipline, but I accepted that and haven't touched one since. The police, armed forces and security services , field sportsmen and target sportsmen (in controlled environments) should have access to appropriate firearms to their requirements but there is no place for pistols in the home.

Much as I'd love a SLR...

I don't really like the idea of any firearms in the home, the risk of burglary etc
I don't like the Swiss / Israeli model either (reservists taking it home), despite the evidence to suggest the crime or spree is minimal

But at the end of the day you can't legislate against everything - you can't ban breadknives to prevent stabbings, hammers to prevent assault

Latest Threads