• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Enterprising but morally bankrupt

Sometimes, it's hard to tell we've actually had a change of government.

I guess the difference between sheep-shit and goat-shit is quite clear if you've a fanatical attachment to either. I'd rather have neither on my shoe, or running my country for that matter.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Sometimes, it's hard to tell we've actually had a change of government.

I guess the difference between sheep-shit and goat-shit is quite clear if you've a fanatical attachment to either. I'd rather have neither on my shoe, or running my country for that matter.
I'm not concerned which political party one is affiliated to, but to pay £3900 for an honour to be promoted is a distortion to the whole honours system and demeans the very worthy who have earned their honour. Its vile.

Indeed. But whichever side of the 'Honourable House' does it, their supporters will always insist that the other lot was much worse.

Like it matters. Doing it even once is a disgrace.

Mackenzie is a Labour Peer and a shyster (one wonders if he was the same when serving as a police superintendent). We'd be naive, though, to think this sort of thing is new or confined to any one Party.

Mackenzie is a Labour Peer and a shyster (one wonders if he was the same when serving as a police superintendent). We'd be naive, though, to think this sort of thing is new or confined to any one Party.
I'm having a Meatloaf moment.

You took the words right outta my mouth.

I am really beginning to think that most, if not all, of our Public Sector (Health, defence, police, education . . . you name it ) are in the grip of the same 'money for nothing and and your K for a small contribution' mindset, with Polis forces various seemingly in the vanguard of the cheaper venal practices.

Leaves me wondering what we need to do to get ourselves 'leaders' who are ready, willing and able to really get a grip of it.

I have.

Right I need practice. You can all start be calling me Milord.

Actually I have stopped being sickened by it now. i guess I have fuckwittery fatigue. The last straw was that fat black female who stole a bundle of cash by fiddling her expenses and now claims she cant afford to pay it back.

Of with their heads!

I'm having a Meatloaf moment.

You took the words right outta my mouth.

I am really beginning to think that most, if not all, of our Public Sector (Health, defence, police, education . . . you name it ) are in the grip of the same 'money for nothing and and your K for a small contribution' mindset, with Polis forces various seemingly in the vanguard of the cheaper venal practices.

Leaves me wondering what we need to do to get ourselves 'leaders' who are ready, willing and able to really get a grip of it.
Good God - whatever happened to Meatloaf?

B

bokkatankie

Lloyd George knew my Father, Father knew Lloyd George.

Nothing new, only difference is that now we get to know about it, still wrong but it has been that way for millenia

Latest Threads