• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Enormous US gun & ammo sellout!

I guess people don't trust BH0's statements on the 2nd Amd, and what he considers as "sensible restrictions"...

Check out :

http://www.impactguns.com/store/

and

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

they've got almost nothing self-loading in 7.62x39, 308 or 223 left, nor the ammunition to feed them!

For the first time ever, it seems that ammo availability is actually higher over this side of the pond than the other.

I bet Bud has sold enough in the last 2 months to retire comfortably on.

Oh, just to add: about a day after the election, a statement appeared on BH0's website saying that he & Biden supported making the misleadingly-titled 1994 "assault wpns act" permanent, despite a series of radio ads by a Dem anti-gun front group by the name of the American Hunters & Sportsmens association (IIRC) during the campaign that he supported the 2nd Amd.

I have a gun shop round the corner he's been closed for weeks now. He has sold his entire inventory since BO took office. He is hard pressed to get any new inventory and is considering retirement.

I had contact with a person that works for a major gun distributor/dealer and she said that after the election results in Nov. they moved 2.4 million dollars worth of guns in 3 days.

I can't go to the range as I don't want to deplete my stock pile and the range has no ammo for sale.

Cheaper Than Dirt is sold out in just about every kind of ammunition available. Example 9MM is near non-existent.

Having looked further, it appears that really only shotguns and their ammunition are unaffected. Even obscure centrefire calibres seem to have all but the most expensive ammunition sold out.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Now is this run on guns so's people can get them while they still can, or is it to actually defend their rights to these guns? :twisted:

I believe it is partly so that they can get them while they can, plus if they re-enact the 1994 act, they will all be worth a butt load of money, so it is a great investment at this point.

Ammunition is gone because of economic uncertainty and the possibility of restrictions (a punitive ammunition tax, for instance.)

Basically, they don't trust the guys in government, and any gun owner who believe what was said on the campaign trail and ignored the records of BH0 & Biden is an utter, utter fool.

Now hopefully they will be too bogged down with other stuff to be able to do any gun control (which I suspect they will conveniently forget is a vote loser if they have the time,) and the Republicans will take an enormous chunk out of the Democrat majorities in the house in 2010 if the current administration keeps going the way it is, which will render the point moot.

flutedbarrel said:
Will this have a knock on effect to reloading components comeing into the uk guys?
Possibly. There are discussions by the anti-gunners to include reloading equipment and supplies in any new legislation. One of the major efforts underway are to micro tag ammunition, and they see reloading equipment and supplies as a loophole that needs closing.

As it stands right now there is little chance that any outright gun ban is possible so they are going to try and come in through the backdoor by impossing high taxes and regulations on ammunition. If they can make the bullets to costly they hope to make the firearm ineffective...........

Would be why you can't find bullets at the moment...

LoneTree said:
http://www.impactguns.com/store/MGT-9072836.html

Jeeezus H , 19k for an M16 !!!

LT.
Had someone offer me $1000 for my H&K USP .40 the other day, I only paid $500 for it new a few years back, when I said "No not selling it" he offered me $600 for my shotgun, paid $200 a few years back.

This is a sellers market....

ctauch said:
I have a gun shop round the corner he's been closed for weeks now. He has sold his entire inventory since BO took office. He is hard pressed to get any new inventory and is considering retirement.

I had contact with a person that works for a major gun distributor/dealer and she said that after the election results in Nov. they moved 2.4 million dollars worth of guns in 3 days.

I can't go to the range as I don't want to deplete my stock pile and the range has no ammo for sale.

Cheaper Than Dirt is sold out in just about every kind of ammunition available. Example 9MM is near non-existent.
What was that famous comment? "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition" :D

Surely the answer must be to reload
en masse. :D

The, for lack of a better word, hysteria in regard to possible legislation seems to be rather unfounded. I certainly heared a lot about it at a gun show I was at2-3 weeks ago.
As to supply, of 7.62mm x 51 (.308"), I have found no issue in buying 1,200 rounds at VERY reasonable prices in the last two weeks (Not as a reaction to legislation, simply to have ammo on hand for my "new" SLR)

As to .303" ammunition, my local shop still have a steady supple of surplus stuff (all that I use). That HAS gone up in price, but only by $1.00 or so for a box of 32 rounds.

Is there a shortage of ammo and weapons, the answer must be "yes", based on what Ctauch has seen and been told. However, I think it is simply people are buying everything in ight, in the expectation that it will be "banned" next week.
Many retailer, have no reason to play down the worst fears of some, they after all are the ones selling the stuff at inflated prices.

and its all complete boll0cks.

it is NOT the type of firearm (or mag size ect) that should be regulated to stop crime.

but its the type of unfit person thats getting access to firearms that needs to be regulated.

I'v been thinking of starting a thread for a while now, something along the lines of - 'Gun Control, International comparisions and practical application'
is there any chance of us having an interesting informative debate with considered imput on the aplication of workable gun law to help stop the unfit from ruining our sport or rights without it turning into a lame nationalistic pizzing contest?

DrStealth said:
and its all complete boll0cks.

it is NOT the type of firearm (or mag size ect) that should be regulated to stop crime.

but its the type of unfit person thats getting access to firearms that needs to be regulated.

I'v been thinking of starting a thread for a while now, something along the lines of - 'Gun Control, International comparisions and practical application'
is there any chance of us having an interesting informative debate with considered imput on the aplication of workable gun law to help stop the unfit from ruining our sport or rights without it turning into a lame nationalistic pizzing contest?
Dr S your comments are absolutely right, however as the politicians are concerned it is a matter of "don't confuse me with facts, I have made up my mind".

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I know that most US gun dealers don't ship internationally, but is it feasible for a US resident (my Dad) to ship a (UK legal) firearm to me. I assume that this would have to be via RFDs - what would the cost/issues be?

Latest Threads