Enlisted route

Hi all,

For a bit of a background I'm a Polish citizen who lives and works in UK since 2013. I'm in the middle of the process of getting my British Passport sorted, currently expecting to get it around April(-ish) time, depending on how quickly Home Office processes my application and all of that stuff.

Initially my plan was always to join as an officer as (I thought) my A-levels and GCSE equivalents would be good enough but after translating my qualifications through NARIC it turns out that my English GCSE doesn't count as I had it as second language course. However bigger obstacle turns out to be my age. I'll already be 28 in April 20, and if that is the time I apply, by the time CAPITA processes everything and I had a chance to go through the selection boards, I would've turned 29 (or even 30 by the sound of their speed...).

I'm still 100% sure I want to join the Army, always wanted. Now officer route probably closed off, I'm more than happy to enlist through the ranks. Now, I know there's been 666 topics along the lines of 'is 29 too late to enlist???'. My question is if I join being 29, work my ass off, is there still a chance to commission through Late Entry? Or would I be realistically too old by the time I served my time to even get close to WO?

On a unrelated topic, do you know any Poles who after getting their passport joined up? Or any other EU nationals for that matter. I wonder if their's any prejudice in the ranks when it comes to such people?

Thanks for your time and I appreciate all the answers in advance.

M.

Last edited:

Mrsheeny

War Hero
I read somewhere, it might have been Decembers soldier magazine??? About a Hungarian bloke who joined up.

I read somewhere, it might have been Decembers soldier magazine??? About a Hungarian bloke who joined up.
Ah I did the research after you mentioned the magazine and found the mentioned page. However as much as it proves it's possible, it doesn't really go into any detail or answer my question. Good read nonetheless though!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads