Enhanced security at the Palace?

16 March 2020

My office is in Victoria and this morning I caught a later Tube to avoid the crowds and walked across from Green Park towards Victoria and across the front of Buckingham Palace. There was a troop of the Household Cavalry coming down Constitution Hills, with Police ARVs front and back with police in the back seats very visibly showing barrels of their weapons.
Additionally, there were dozens of uniformed police checking bags and back packs for those crossing in front of the palace and insisting those with wheelie cases to walk the long way around through St James' Park or up the Mall.

There seemed to be double the armed police at the Palace Gates - I won't give the number.

I walk past the Palace on most fi e days but I have never seen so many police outside the Palace except at a State or Public event. I wonder if there is a heightened security state?

HM isn't in, as her Standard was not hoisted.

They're just keeping an eye on you lot.

Nothing to worry about. Carry on...

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
They often do this just to show a force of presence just in case someone want's to meet their 72 virgins.
MoD Plod at Horse Guards have doubled up recently with the usual Covert & Overt Security.
No updates on Security Level but good to show what you have just in case someone wants to fcuk you off.

Let's just hope it's a routine surge/show of force. it would be fair to say that the numbers of tourists at the gates were down on usual numbers. The last thing we need today (or ever, of course) is some nutter to go berserk with a knife/'Samurai' sword or a SIED vest.

HM isn't in, as her Standard was not hoisted.
Discouraging looters?

HM has already been whisked away from the pestilential proletariat in the capital to fragrant Berkshire, with apparent plans to self-isolate (or should that be 'one-isolate') in Norfolk if it gets worse. To lose the one shred of stability the UK has in the current climate would add further to destabilisation.

'Queen Elizabeth II has been shifted out of Buckingham Palace in London to Windsor Castle as the UK plans for isolation measures for people over 70 amid the country’s death toll from COVID-19 hitting 21, nearly doubling from 11 within a day.

'The 93-year-old monarch and her 98-year-old husband, Prince Philip, are likely to be placed in quarantine at the royal Sandringham Estate in Norfolk in the coming weeks as tougher measures are put in place to fight the coronavirus outbreak in the UK affecting over 1,140 people.'

Last edited:
HM has already been whisked away from the pestilential proletariat in the capital to fragrant Berkshire, with apparent plans to Self-isolate in Norfolk if it gets worse.

'Queen Elizabeth II has been shifted out of Buckingham Palace in London to Windsor Castle as the UK plans for isolation measures for people over 70 amid the country’s death toll from COVID-19 hitting 21, nearly doubling from 11 within a day.

'The 93-year-old monarch and her 98-year-old husband, Prince Philip, are likely to be placed in quarantine at the royal Sandringham Estate in Norfolk in the coming weeks as tougher measures are put in place to fight the coronavirus outbreak in the UK affecting over 1,140 people.'

Bet they won't hide the X-Box if she get's a bit ansty.

HM has already been whisked away from the pestilential proletariat in the capital to fragrant Berkshire, with apparent plans to self-isolate in Norfolk if it gets worse. To lose the one bit of stability the UK has in the current climate would add further to destabilitsation.

I'd hazard a guess that all staff will be staying in the residence with her.

It wouldn't make much sense to isolate her, then have staff walking on and off shift, possibly bringing the virus into her surroundings.

Last edited:
She was out of town for the week end only -

HM epitomises social isolation - no physical contact unless she initiates it; it is unlikely she will be attending a concert/sports/match/travelling on the Tube at rush hour. Garden parties are four months away. Frugal in her day to day life, as well.

We don't need to lose her or Phil the Greek at this hour of need.

Last edited:
She was out of town for the week end only -

While I admire her 'blitz spirit', the chances of her contradicting COVID-19 must be proportionally significantly higher than her parents' being under a Luftwaffe bomb. To lose a senior Royal at this juncture, whether HM or Phil, would not have an uplifting effect on national morale.

HM epitomises social isolation - no physical contact unless she initiates it; it is unlikely she will be attending a concert/sports/match/travelling on the Tube at rush hour. Garden parties are four months away. Frugal in her day to day life, as well.

We don't need to lose her of Phil the Greek at this hour of need.
Agreed to all that, but how much of a threat comes from the staff, who don't practice social isolation and do touch stuff?

Agreed to all that, but how much of a threat comes from the staff, who don't practice social isolation and do touch stuff?
Surely there's be enough space in the palace etc, to put the staff up, inside the palace to prevent them picking it up, from outside and passing it on to the Queen and Phil.

I was shocked to see Charles meeting and greeting folk, including Ant and Dec, the other day and literally standing face to face, when talking to them lined up.

He's the successor to the throne, surely he should be having more precautions, placed upon him.

While I admire her 'blitz spirit', the chances of her contradicting COVID-19 must be proportionally significantly higher than her parents' being under a Luftwaffe bomb. To lose a senior Royal at this juncture, whether HM or Phil, would not have an uplifting effect on national morale.
I don't know, for some staff officer on OP BRIDGE, COVID-19 looks like a very good excuse to swerve a whole brazilian rain forest worth of complex JSP101 paperwork

Meghan, on the other hand...

Last edited:
Megan, on the other hand...
... would release a wave of chav grief-whoring the likes of which has not been seen in over 2 decades, along with evil Windsor lizard conspiracy theories.

... would release a wave of chav grief-whoring the likes of which has not been seen in over 2 decades, along with evil Windsor lizard conspiracy theories.
Well, it would be a change from Brexit and Coronavirus. And the weather (gorgeous in central London today, btw). It would also reinforce the Queen's omnipotence.

Discouraging looters?

HM has already been whisked away from the pestilential proletariat in the capital to fragrant Berkshire, with apparent plans to self-isolate (or should that be 'one-isolate') in Norfolk if it gets worse. To lose the one shred of stability the UK has in the current climate would add further to destabilisation.

Sorry, Your Majesty, you need to stay away from the public for a month....'Yippeee, pass the Dubonet!'

They often do this just to show a force of presence just in case someone want's to meet their 72 virgins.
MoD Plod at Horse Guards have doubled up recently with the usual Covert & Overt Security.
No updates on Security Level but good to show what you have just in case someone wants to fcuk you off.
The poor sod (PaDP) on plain clothes, roving patrol at Westminster is often bored off his tits so we like to have a chat with him when we can. He's great at spotting 'dippers' but can't directly intervene which is very frustrating for him apparently. I wasn't aware that MoD Plod ran Aztechs too.

Latest Threads