Enhanced learning credits.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by supermatelot, Nov 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody here actually out them to good use? There appears to me to be too many obstacles in the way to actually use them usefully.
  2. I have used them to pay for part of a £4000 course.
    Just one tip, make sure the company you are training with is on their list.
  3. Cheers,

I have my ten year civvy allowance to use up. Three years of them wasted already though. How long did it take for the admin to sort itself out once you had decided on which course?

Was the course useful IE-opened up doors for a new career? I have seen the list of approved courses and get the feeling that many are just run by companies trying to make a few £££ of the MOD.
  4. The course was/is an IT one which will give me A+, N+, MCSE and CCNA.
    Which, to be honest, on there own are not good enough, you also need experience, which I will have over 3 years of when I am finished.
    I cannot remember how long it took for the grant to come through, but if the company you are with is on the list, speak to them, they will usually be willing to wait.
  5. Cheers for that :D
  6. Ive never seen a list of courses - as far as I know any course is OK if it getsa you a Level 3 qual and the provider is in the scheme.
    You have to apply a minimum of 15 working days 9 give it longer) before the course starts and you get back the chittie i.e. the money within a week
    Don't pay anything till you get your chit!