Enhanced learning credits

Hi, does anyone know what courses we can use our enhanced learning credits on while still serving as I went to the education centre today with a forklift instructors course ready to go and they refused it saying the army will not benefit from it, I can't see why they won't, I will have my forklift license and be able to qualify people on the battalion, when asked what courses can we do while still serving the bloke said there ain't a list you have to pick, to be honest he was useless, anyone else had this problem or have some advice?

Long live the queen

5RFFE

Yes you can, but there are still several criteria that need to be met. You should book an appointment with your local IERO before committing. They will ultimately sign off your applications so see them early and get it right.

Thanks for the help lads, surely a forklift course would benefit the army, but then again a common sense course ain't available with ELC

5RFFE
The benefit is not to the army as a whole, but to that bit of the army that you are in at the time.

Surely forklift is of use to any regiment or battalion as there is G4 in all units? Even if G4 is it your job you can always be tasked to work there

5RFFE

Surely forklift is of use to any regiment or battalion as there is G4 in all units? Even if G4 is it your job you can always be tasked to work there

5RFFE
Not if your unit has as many as it needs. What you describe is a potential benefit, not actual benefit. Go for scuba instructor, that's a definite benefit for AT.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Hi, does anyone know what courses we can use our enhanced learning credits on while still serving as I went to the education centre today with a forklift instructors course ready to go and they refused it saying the army will not benefit from it, I can't see why they won't, I will have my forklift license and be able to qualify people on the battalion, when asked what courses can we do while still serving the bloke said there ain't a list you have to pick, to be honest he was useless, anyone else had this problem or have some advice?

Long live the queen

5RFFE

Not 10 AEC Tidworth by any chance? I've had a similar experience...

SNAP, yes tidworth education centre, that old bloke is useless, gave him my paperwork all filled in then just hands it back saying "forklift instructor is no benefit to the army" I debated that by saying I gain a forklift license and can train people within the battalion/garrison, he then said no. I asked what courses are available while still serving and he said I have to chose a course myself then they will say yes or no, he is useless, can't even tell you what courses qualify, another thing that pisses me off about the army making something so easy difficult

5RFFE