Enhanced Learning Credits

Can some of the great and good advise on entitlement to ELC for those who have left the Service. I have an opportunity to take up a Distance Learning course but am unsure if I am still entitled to any help from HM Forces under the ELC scheme. I served 22 years and left in 2004. I have not requested financial assistance from the Educators before and was just wondering if there might be any available to me now.

I seem to recall that ELC was available up to 10 years after leaving (wishful thinking I know) but maybe someone out there could offer up some pearls.

Are there any other avenues to obtain funding other than ELC?

Grateful for any advice.

HI
Elc can be used upto 10 years after leaving, there are two levels, first one is £1000, (under 4 years service) level 2 is £2000 for over 8 years service, courses have to be at level 3 or above, entitlement is 80% contribution up to the level of your tier, go to Elcas - Enhanced Learning Credit Administration System and just ask them there
Example if a course is £2500, you will get £2000 contibution towards the course, if you are still serving, all the accomodation is paid as well as part of the package
If you are about to leave, you can also use your £534 resettlement monney to pay your share
Regards
Darren
UK Trades Training

This is how you claim ELC if you have left the forces
Procedure for Claimants no longer in Service

the following information must be submitted to your Single Service Representative (address details below) a minimum of 25 working days prior to your course start date/registration date:

• Fully completed claim form (section 1, 2 and 3)
• Evidence of your last day of Service eg. copy of your discharge document, copy of
P45 terminating employment, document stamped by regiment confirming leaving date
• A copy of your driving licence or passport
• A copy of a utility bill showing your home address
• Full information about the course that you wish to undertake to inlcude details of your
registration date where applicable
• A copy of your Acknowledgment of Scheme Membership
• A letter explaining how your chosen course of study will contribute towards
personal development
• Completion and submission of course evaluation form for all previous ELC funded
courses

Remember! If you are submitting your second or third claim you must complete your previous claim evaluation form.

Single Service Representatives

Personnel contact their Single Service Representative below

NAVY
ELC Manager NTE(ER2)
Floor 3, Mailpoint 3.3
Leach Building, Whale Island
HMS Excellent
Portsmouth
PO2 8BY
Tel: 02392 625954
Email: mailto: mailto: FLEET-FOST-TAEL3RRESETSO3C@mod.uk

ARMY