Enhanced learning credits.........help

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by TRAZTAZ, May 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am just past my 20 year point and have started looking into resettlement and have just found out i was supposed to have been given the option in 2003 to sign for ELC, this didn't happen for one reason and anathor , mainly being detached to anathor unit in Iraq I guess.The way i read things now this means I will only be able to claim £534.00 to complete resettlement!!!!!
    Am I right, is this true, is there anything I can do if so??

2. The window for signing up to ELCs was pretty small - and it must have been in late 03 to early 04.

AFAIK, that's it. If you didn't register, you aren't entitled.

Litotes

3. You MUST contact your local Army Education Centre for details of late registration. It may still possible but you will need the help of your AEC and/or IERO to do so.

4. The window is small, but not impossible to get through. I contacted my local AEC in Windsor and explained my circumstances last year. The officer there said she would be happy to help me submit a bid, all I needed was an application form for ELCAS (available on the website), a letter explaining why I had missed the window, a letter from my boss (preferably an officer, but a WO1 did mine) and a JPA printout of all my previous postings (probably to verify my claims). She said I was to send all the documents to her and she would write a supporting letter and send it off to ELCAS. Not heard back from them yet, but she did say that she had successfully helped to register people who had served many years more than myself, so fingers still crossed.

If you are in the Middlesex/Buckhinghamshire area you may come under the AEC at Windsor too. PM me and I'll put you in contact with them.

5. Traztaz,

devex and skintboy's advice is sound, but it will require prompt action by you and those you get on side. All I would suggest is that you don't base your resettlement plans on having ELC-sized wads of cash to hand.

On the plus side, I understand that the IRTC grant (£534) was due to be reviewed for the first time in yonks. Haven't heard what the new figure will be though. You might want to check with the IERO on that one.

I suggest you get your initial interview with an IERO jacked up now (unless you're on VEng and have an extra two years above the 22) and take it from there. Best of luck.

6. Agreed, the way to do it is to apply with a supporting letter signed by either someone who can verify the circumstances surrounding the late application or by someone in the Education CoC.

7. TRAZ, there are still people offering courses with accomodation included that get past the stazi.

8. Thankyou for all the replies, can anyone verify the dates when i should have signed? If I have them I can chase things further. Thankyou in advance.

9. Check PMs

10. There was another window quite recently for further registrations due to the fact that so many missed out first time round. The 'system' is not averse to accepting new registrations.

11. That's good news, where did you get that? I still haven't heard back from them myself, fingers crossed though.

12. Bump, have you got this info to pass on about this other window?

13. Traz, i don't have the info to hand i'm afraid. I seem to recall it was about 8 months ago, a one liner in Garrison or Station Orders - i will try and do some digging next week. It might be worth talking to the local AEC or relevant ETS branch. Sorry can't be more helpful just yet.