Enhanced Learning Credits - deadline extended!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by IdeasFactory, Nov 18, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The deadline to apply for Enhanced Learning Credits was 31 Mar 04, but it has now been extended to 31 Mar 05. However, we have been warned that no further extensions will be granted.

Get your ELCs - make sure your subordinates have got their ELCs!

2. There are certain circumstances where they will allow late entries, but you need to have a good reason and preferably be supported by the CoC.
  3. msr

msr LE

What exactly are ELCs?

4. Enhanced Learning Credits.

Started 1 Apr 00 (Notionaly - for service, you need to complete 4 years to qualify)

£1000 per year for three years for recognised courses.

You can save them until 2008 (or 8 years service) and get £2000 a year for 3 years. You can only claim once a year though - so do an expensive course.
  5. msr

msr LE

So would those be available to the TA then?

6. Not sure to be honest, speak to your Admin staff.
  7. I believe ELCs are only available to TA personnel in full-time commitments who fulfil the required time. Could be wrong, though.

8. Are you sure. I just asked at my local AEC. They han't heard of any extension. Is there a document we can refer to?
  9. :oops:

My unit education officer, who is usually exceptionally well informed. Unfortunately, he is on leave until January, so I can't find out where he got his info until then.

That said, I have an inkling of a recollection that it was going to be officially published in a DCI this month.

10. I have checked with DGT&E there is to be no extension. However, if you were on TELIC or another operation and missed the DCIs you might have grounds to appeal. If so you should submit the appeal and formal application through your local AEC having first discussed it with them.
  11. I will be gripping my colleague when he returns for making me embarrass myself. :x :oops:

12. Don't be too hard on yourself - the positive of this thread is that it has enabled people to be more informed