Enhanced learning credit.

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by tommo5456, Jan 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have heard lots of stories when it comes down to the Enhanced learning credit.
    Can someone tell me wether or not you can have multiple courses to the value of 1 years payment or is it 1 course 1 payment e.g if a course costs £400 can i get another course for £600 or do i lose the remainder.

2. You can claim for as many course as you want within the year upto the value you're allowed, this can only be done three times though, so try and claim as much of the value as you can.

3. Make sure your Personal Development Record is up to date, with the course you want to do mentioned in your Planner. The clerk bird who does our ELC has a big thing for checking your PDR. If its not on, you won't get it. Probably the same every where else!

4. Your ELC provider needs to supply an level 3 course on the NQF list. You will need to claim on 1 invoice up to £1000 in total plus your own 20% personal conribution ie £1250 all in. Only courses that lead to and include level 3 courses can qualify for funding. Check out www.1training.co.uk for more info (ELC provider 2334) for the details of claims and proceedures. Rob

5. Who is this "clerk bird" person? applications for ELC are signed off via IEROs in Education Centres. He should be the one checking your PDR or interviewing you for the application. Agreed that your PDR is good evidence for a plan, though.