Englishman abroard

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by itsfantastic, Apr 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have stuck this post, or one like it, in the officer section as well, but this area is perhaps more appropriate. I am applying to be an infantry officer, and hope to be sponsored by a Scottish regiment through the RCB main board and beyond. I like the regiment's heritage and traditions, but am worried I might come in for some flak for being English. I don't expect Army life to be easy, but am I making it even harder by doing this?
  2. To be perfectly honest, it hasn't stopped anyone before you.

My only advice on joining a regiment, is to look around to find out where you feel you fit in, and where you are wanted. There's little point in joining a regiment where you find yourself unhappy, notwithstanding having the snappiest uniform, or most commendable heritage. Before you reach the Hurst, try to pay a couple of PO visits to different cap-badges, that way you'll get a better feel for where your future lies. You aren't being duplicitous or disloyal in doing this, the Army will get a far better officer in the end, if you are happy with where you are.
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

There are many north of Berwick who think that is exactly where Englishmen should be. :p