English World Cup Fans Drinking Germany Dry!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by AubreyGerrard, Jun 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This from a sports radio talk show host on this side of the pond:

I also heard that lack of public toilets is forcing fans to urinate outdoors, making the ground so saturated with urine that trees and plants are dying and local wells are being polluted.

You are awesome! I wanna party with you guys!

BTW...sorry about that Budweiser sponsoring the World Cup thing. I agree with you...Bud is pish.
  2. I think its a disgrace, a similar amount of squaddies would have drank the entire continent dry by now. Our civilian counterparts in the 1st battalion The ASBO Regiment are letting the side down somewhat! Shame on them for their slovenly attitude towards quaffing!!
  3. And it isn't f*cking soccer it's football!!
  4. shandy swilling southern poofs
  5. What's this round of 8 bollocks? Do they mean the quarter finals?
  6. 17 pints each?

Are they rationing the stuff or what! :?
  7. I think they mean 17 pints each for breakfast.... anything less would be homosexual!!
  8. I know a lot of people based in Germany are taking their own crates along with them, due to the nature of the bars not keeping up with the flow. Then again if the bars where run by the NAAFI they would have ran out of stock on day one. :p
  9. Fair point, I hope (Like Warrior Poet mentioned) that they took their own emergency supply for long bar queues.
  10. That sounds very Churchillian! :D :D :D

11. Good Drills lads...keep it up!

If it was the Rugby World Cup though the continent would have been dry by about day 2.
  12. The only European country to take part in the Rugby World Cup is (as far as I know) France! And their beer is, to put it mildly, pants!
    However, I did once partake of a Froggy beer that had an intruiging "Hauch" of whisky about it. Apparently it's stored in barrels that were formerly used for whisky.

I tried a bottle in a place called "Ne pourqois pas", which is somewhere between Bordeaux and the coast. For the life of me, I can't remember what that beer's called!

Edited to add: Na, luege mal! Da han i' iinere Schnappszahl erreicht! :D :D :D
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  13. i hope there is plenty for when i fly out there for saturday's match.
  14. I was out there a little while ago, and I found the French Lager slightly stronger than what we find in England.

I wasn't in a very good state after.
  15. Kronenburg 1664? :wink: