English whisky

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
I have been challenged to find an English whisky,must be distilled in England,quality is not an issue but it must be available to buy,so not bootleg. Anyone know of one?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
M&S do a Norfolk single malt @ £35. it's not bad and easily available.

Obviously you're not aware that England produces lots of whisky. Just walk in to any pub and ask them to produce a whisky. :cool:

Yep - Thetford way it is .... we the polo sirt to my whisky syndicate this very evening.

Very palatable it is too. Pretty sure they produce M&S label.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
will that survive?
:)

Yeah I'm keeping all 10 bottles over the 10 years (I'll get the 2 year old bottle next year and so on) and giving them to the boy when he hits 18. I go along to the distillery every few months and get to taste it as it matures, straight from the barrel, so no need to open mine.

If they've gone up in value he can sell them, if not we'll have a hell of a party.

The wife is currently looking at buying a whole cask for the hotel. It works out at 12 grand for 120ish bottles but that includes bespoke bottles with the hotel logo and branding and all taxes etc.

When you consider the mark up we'd get selling it by the tot, the profits wouldn't be huge, but it'd be a cool talking point and nice little string to the bow. Being able to say we have our own whisky from the distillery down the road is a good selling point.

In the meantime I'm enjoying their blend "The One" which I get a cheeky discount on as a member. If you get a chance check the place out. Paul the governor has done an absolutely cracking job setting the place up from scratch. It's on a lovely old restored farm. The tour is brilliant and the bistro is top notch.

You could try one made in SA by a German bloke.

Drayman's Products

Mauritz also makes this...

And his whisky honey liqueur is somewhat moreish.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Anything with barbed wire wrapped around it gets my vote.

In Vietnam we bought a bottle of whisky that had a pickled cobra in the bottle. It wasn't actually that bad, but it all went a bit far when a lad started eating the cobra.

Latest Threads