English tests for immigrant spouses fair, court rules.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by re-stilly, Dec 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Excellent news, so we can cut all the multi language versions of all the documents now.

The High Court has dismissed a challenge to laws that require immigrant spouses to be able to speak English in order to live in the UK. Bet the bloody Human Rights lawyers are nashing their teeth at this.

BBC Link

• Like Like x 1
  2. आक्रोश बस पर सवार सभी!!!

• Like Like x 10
  3. They'll be hoofing my missus out any day then? Her England is terrible!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Can we apply this retrospectively to the Welsh?

• Like Like x 1
  5. The immigration tests are just a farce anyway; there is a whole industry devoted to providing fake UK Knowledge and language tests, and no evidence that any effort is made to police this.

6. Mug

Mug Clanker

******* ****** ******* ***** **nts

7. Who's to tell if one sits the test for another? All these foreign johnnies look alike, and the religion of peace ones look like black letterboxes...

• Like Like x 6
  8. Dont hold your breath, I can't see all the innumerable culturally enriched councils, NGO's & Govt. Depts giving up their lemming like rush to the mythical multy culty, utopia they wish to inflict upon Britain! The tower of babel like scenes most seem to have become will continue! Where if a single Inuit or citizen from one of the remoter tribes of Papua New Guinea appears ALL forms have to be translated into those laguages to satisfy their perceived adherance to the persons "yumin rites"! :-(

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

I dread to think how many millions of our taxes have been used to date, printing documents and leaflets containing one page of information which ended up as a substantial booklet containing endless pages of translations.

Then there's the interpreters. The thought of using public money to pay for such a person so that a Johnny Foreigener can be defended in court as a result of unspeakable crimes probably doesn't sit well with the majority.

• Like Like x 4
  10. No,but maybe them Johnny come lately Anglo Saxons. Bear in mind that Welsh was until the 19th Century known as British!

• Like Like x 4

11. Careful now or you'll get "Smudged".

12. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

The man has a point.

13. Who gives a shit? We conquered you, it's time we finished wiping out that pointless excuse for a language!

:)

14. Jeremy Clarkson, didn't know you posted on here!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Living as I do In Crete, the % of ex pats who can string more than a few words in Greek together is woeful. Before people start jumping onto the outrage bus, just give a thought to the many, many, British ex pats who live in none English speaking country & refuse, or lack the ability to learn that country s Lingo.
    For the record my wife who is a Welsh speaker has passed her intermediate Greek Language exam, & I go to the village Cafe as often as I can to improve my Greek sadly after a few Raki's I seem to forget more than I learn.

• Like Like x 7