English Rugby - an obituary!!!

HA! HA! HA! Where are the excuses about the team??? What a laugh I was nearly in tears of laughter watching the United Kingdom of england getting stuffed!
I take it you havent bought your ticket to the final then :)

Jesus tapdancing Christ. Listen to you lot moaning.

Try living with a band of assclowns as bad as the WRU leadership for 25 years or so and then we'll talk.

K80RMG said:
Who'd of thought four years ago we'd be reading something like this? I fairly and squarely a)blame the management of the RFU and they should all resign so we can start working now on RWC 2011, and, b)restrict the number of overseas players in a club squad before we end up like soccer.
a)The blame rests fairly and squarely on the players and the more immediate management. The "57 old farts" are no longer the force they were and perhaps the PRL high heid-yins are as much to blame as the RFU ones? Turkeys tend not to vote for Christmas though...

b)There is no comparison between soccer-ball and rugby. There are quite enough English players in the premiership, coming through as well as established - Ashton just chose to pick a bunch of has-beens rather than the younger, fresher and more hungry incomers like Abendanon, Geraghty et al!

With the largest constituency of players to choose from, England have simply run out of vision and ideas. Ashton was talking about the Samoa game having become a must-win game. Woodward would have fired anyone who thought like that on the spot...every game was a must-win for him. He may be an unlikeable tw4t but you have to admit he knew how to run a campaign alright!

hammy123 said:
Where the f*ck is the United Kingdom of England you dopey f*ckwit?
Well as England bankrolls the rest of the UK we should maybe rename it as such.

Lets see how the res tof our fellow Islanders do against the Springboks before we start mourning eh?

The_Cad said:
hammy123 said:
Where the f*ck is the United Kingdom of England you dopey f*ckwit?
Well as England bankrolls the rest of the UK we should maybe rename it as such.

Lets see how the res tof our fellow Islanders do against the Springboks before we start mourning eh?
Good point. Dont forget the All Blacks. Tempted as I am to go out and buy a rugby jersey for all the team who Scotland will play, I shall refrain for now and concentrate on supporting my team, or whats left of them! Come on Toby Flood, mend the broken chariot and all that.

old_rat said:
Bring back the veterans................
Might be a bit old to be running around with the All Blacks :D
Seriously though, my purchase of tickets to watch Tonga v England in Paris looked a bit silly, but now, it might be the crunch match! Off to watch AB v Scotland on Sunday as well - should be a good day out for the Neutral!

pot_aussie said:
jimbojetset said:
Off to watch AB v Scotland on Sunday as well - should be a good day out for the Neutral!
What?? Switzerland????
Nope me! I'm Canadian.
Although I am sure any Swiss who are there will enjoy a pint of heavy and a whisky chaser :D

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
gwar_drill_pig_stab said:
im not a rugby fan but it is nice to see wales and scotland in a world cup
The second word is "off"

You are entitled to your opinion, unfortunately ;P

Commander_Vimes said:
hammy123 said:
Come on Toby Flood, mend the broken chariot and all that.
Sod off, I don't want Flood anywhere near that rabble of losers, he'll come back with no confidence and wont kick a ball for the Falcons again all season :x
The thing is, individually they are not losers, some of them have won at the highest level. Some of them are world class, but something is dreadfully wrong with the team as a whole.

jimbojetset said:
Commander_Vimes said:
hammy123 said:
Sod off, I don't want Flood anywhere near that rabble of losers, he'll come back with no confidence and wont kick a ball for the Falcons again all season :x
The thing is, individually they are not losers, some of them have won at the highest level. Some of them are world class, but something is dreadfully wrong with the team as a whole.
ANYTHING that has Rob Andrew at the helm is just morally wrong anyway, what me a bitter Falcons fan....as if :twisted:

Individually they have about 3 players that deserved to be there, the remainder are on past reputation, coaching favourites or RFU politics(Farrel).

As a team they are rudderless, Ashton seems to have his hands tied and is definitely on a hiding to nothing taking over at a very late stage.

conco said:
HA! HA! HA! Where are the excuses about the team??? What a laugh I was nearly in tears of laughter watching the United Kingdom of england getting stuffed!
I take it you havent bought your ticket to the final then :)
It's not healthy to be so jealous you know...

jimbojetset said:
Commander_Vimes said:
hammy123 said:
Perhaps when they and the supporters realise rugby is a game played by 15 blokes working as a team not a game played by 15 individual stars they may get somewhere. Far to much emphasis is placed on certain individuals so why do the others even have to bother.