English lessons

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tytus_Barnowl, Jan 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

From a recent visit I saw a poster:

Invites foreign nationals
    Fridaya at 7pm

Greencastle Street KILKEEL

How are the people of Kilkeel going to achieve this. Even if they do make themselves understood to their students the same students will not be able to communicate in" English" anywhere else.

No disrespect is intentional. I still remember my wife the day we got engaged on the top of slieve bignian having to try to engage in a conversation with some of the local people in the Kilmorey Arms. She is from the states so the dialect must have flummoxed her.
    Anybody who knows the area will tell you that it has the most unique dialect only understandable to those locally.
  2. Ah the Kilmorey Arms, only time I was in that place I ended up out the back swigging from a bottle of Smirnoff with my mate John.

But you do have a point, I went to school with a few people form Kilkeel, Annalong, attical. Took a while to adjust to the accent " Hi bi, howsha cutting" and all that and I'm only from up the road :-D
  3. I've heard they are good swimmers as the have webbed feet and gills down that way.
  4. I work with someone from there,no problem with the accent,however Mrs.C.M. is from Fermanagh and
    I also have an inlaw from between Ballmeeney and Ballymoney hay,what a mixture when they get togather hay! Another inlaw from Billfast,lick,no wadimeanweeladlick,thats the one gives us all trouble.