English lad in scots guards ???

'I hate all officers, even the enlightened ones...'
There is no such thing as an enlightened Officer, them is all as usefull as a chocolate fireguard

S

syledis

No chance any more, that elite club has closed for new members.
By the way did we hurt you in a past life!

Not as a unit ,but a certain Sgt from them gave me such a beasting in basic i still wake up thinking about it!!

All because we had the same second name.

Have to admit though he was a decent bloke after basic when he coached the shooting team.

Hello everyone I'm starting my basic training on the 7th feb for the scots guards and I'm English. I know most of the other lads are probably going to be Scottish and that origionally didn't bother me, but everyone I know who's in the army keep telling me I'm going to get singled out and ripped apart. I just want to know how true this is or if there trying to sh1t me up before I go ? Cheers
I was in the regiment in the 60s there was a few English guys in my platoon, were still friends and keep in touch

Hello everyone I'm starting my basic training on the 7th feb for the scots guards and I'm English. I know most of the other lads are probably going to be Scottish and that origionally didn't bother me, but everyone I know who's in the army keep telling me I'm going to get singled out and ripped apart. I just want to know how true this is or if there trying to sh1t me up before I go ? Cheers

Used to been loads of english in the 1st Bn Scots Guards mainly from the Carlisle area.
One of the finest soldiers I've ever encountered @ACABs mate Slick Rick, is English and he made CSM F Company Scots Guards