English Heritage gives grant to Bletchley Park

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Lucretia, Nov 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lucretia

Lucretia Old-Salt Book Reviewer

"BLETCHLEY PARK GRANT English Heritage is giving a substantial £330,000 grant to the historically important World War II code-breaking centre, Bletchley Park near Milton Keynes, for urgent roof repairs. A national and regional press call is being held on 6 November with the Bletchley Park Trust to announce this much-needed grant, which will save the delicate interiors from further decay."

I've been dying to give you this good news for a week now, but it's been embargoed until this morning.
  2. Well Im glad they have take the first step in saving Bletchley Park for the future....
  3. Nice! I am sure everyone here will agree Bletchley is one of the most important sites we have in terms of heritage.
  4. This is good news indeed, let it not be the last piece of funding for this extremely important site of great historical interest. It appears that because its not a castle or older than 80 years it isn't of historic value. It is! world history would be very different if this site and the work completed within the huts hadn't been in existence.
  5. Excellent, and may I just add, I should bloody well think so too.
  6. According to today's Independant newspaper,they saved the place?
  7. Well done to everyone involved in saving this critical piece of British history.

8. Good, and quite right... :D