English / Arabic name tapes

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by northern-matelot, May 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seen a couple of pictures of people wearing these in the past, but never seen them for sale on line or in a PRI, could anybody point me in the right direction?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheers for the link Desktop, but unless I'm being blind, I don't see any mention of an option to add Arabic text alongside the standard English.
    It's the Arabic option I'm after as my next draft is out that way, otherwise I would just leave it with the ones I have on.

3. H3

H3 LE

Why ? ... The Arabs don' t get their names translated into English !!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think they are made locally in Bahrain for UKMCC staff.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. Ahh ok, will get some when I get out then.

6. I'm amazed that they're even allowed by dress regs? Why isn't there some shouty bloke with a big badge shouting at people for wearing these?

7. Because they are made for personnel working in specific locations requiring interaction with Arabic speakers in order to engender closer relations. They are not in dress regs but form part of local orders for those locations. Not all of the UKMCC staff get them - just they key posts, ie the Commodore and a few others, who work closely with CMF and GCC partners.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

8. Me too, came out as Royal Navy.

Weird.

9. Why, are Arab troops knocking about Blighty?

10. Yes.

11. Yes, they do.