ENGLISH AND PROUD?

you're not allowed to be english and proud ... thats racist!

under Tonys new laws you will be charged with actions likely to start a riot.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How about Proud not to be English!

Warrior_Poet said:
Proud to be English? what a silly question, how could you possibly be otherwise?
Quite easily, by a mere accident of birth I am English, big deal. By another accident of birth, I have blue eyes, I'm not "proud" of that either.

Warrior_Poet said:
Yes well it just goes to prove that even the English have some runts in their litter.
You've never spoken a truer word Herrenbloke.

Personally, I'm a fairly humble bloke, but what pride I do have, I reserve for my hard won achievments, not for my placement in a genetic sweepstake.
If you are serving, you serve in the British Army, alongside Jocks, Micks, Taffs and sundry colonial types. Now that is something to be proud of.

Yes indeed, its the fact that the above mentioned types have been slagging us off for years that has led to my politics of English Independence. I would like to thank the jocks, paddies, Gogs and sundry for awakening my interest in my history and culture thanks to your endemic anti English racism.

Warrior_Poet said:
Yes indeed, its the fact that the above mentioned types have been slagging us off for years that has led to my politics of English Independence. I would like to thank the jocks, paddies, Gogs and sundry for awakening my interest in my history and culture thanks to your endemic anti English racism.
Dare to be different then, you dont have to sink to the same level as your detractors. Hold your head high, be magnanimous, that is also something to be proud of.

Rowums said:
Sandmanfez - would you say it is alright to be British and proud?
Definitely Rowums, untold thousands have given their lives to create this nation, its far from perfect, but compared to the competition, its a flawed masterpiece.

It might help Emily, if you reminded people your company was responsible (as I remember) for the superb "Not forgotten" Hislop presentations?

So I imagine it would be a halfway serious programme.

I am not 'proud' to be english. But i'd rather be english than anything else!
I admire the generations before me for what they have achieved, i mean i am being brought up in a home from where i respect my elders, and the generations before them.
Also, being english i see it as my responsibility. I am however proud to be british, and i suppose european, (i suppose) etc. etc. But lets face it the english are generally the best arent WE?? YES! :wink:
English and Humble

I am proud to be English, but lets look at what is happening in the World. If I was French, and I walked around with a French Flag, shouting long live France, and down with all other nations, I would be called a hero, I would be worshiped.

I am English, If I hold up an English Flag, and shout that Im proud to be English, and down with all other nations, then I will be arrested, and handled as a Terrorist? Is this right?

If you ask people about the English, we always hear about Football, Drinking and Fighting. But that is what has happened to OUR Flag. We have done this to ourselves.

Would I go on a program on Ch4 and speak about how proud I am? No, because doing that will mean, that I will be watched for the rest of my life!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
PartTimePongo said:
It might help Emily, if you reminded people your company was responsible (as I remember) for the superb "Not forgotten" Hislop presentations?

So I imagine it would be a halfway serious programme.
Well there is the commercial break from PTP - how many media payrolls are you on?

Remember - Pride comes before a fall.