England

We are going to win the 2010 World Cup !!

Just thought I'd start it off....

:wink: :wink: :wink:

the_guru said:

Just thought I'd start it off....

:wink: :wink: :wink:
coat and taxi for The Guru please!!!! :D :D

the_guru said:
LOL. Just like you were going to win World Cup 2006, Euro 04, World Cup 02, Euro 2000 etc etc etc....

I wonder what the excuse will be in 2010.

luke

War Hero
CardinalSin said:
the_guru said:
LOL. Just like you were going to win World Cup 2006, Euro 04, World Cup 02, Euro 2000 etc etc etc....

Ever heard of sarcasm :roll:

Wayne Looney sees Geoff Hunt and tells him that England will win the World Cup in 2010.

GH: "But when you're holding the can, don't forget to keep one hand free to shake hands with the President of the English Republic".

WL (puzzled): But we don't have a Presiden of the English Republic!"

GH: We will have by the time youse win the fückin' World Cup!"

Just thought I'd get that one in. :D :D :D

MsG

luke said:
Damn right....it's my religion. I am a bipartite Sarcastic-gnostic and fundamentalist atheist dyslexic insomniac. I lie awake all night wondering if there's a dog.

Maybe if that one trick Pony Beckham gets left out more often you will have a chance - or if The Scum stops picking the managers team for him, and if the Jocks have a bad day :slow:

doomandgloom said:
vandyke said:
Andy Murray did well today didnt he.
He'd do well to shut his big jock trap up for 5 minutes.

P.S. BTW, what did he do today?
Well yesterday he beat that big soft streak o pish Henman, then today he beat federer.
No bad for the scottish gobshite.

I thought your team were good today, what a differance without sven and beckham

Honest assessment?

Greece were very poor, but it did not detract from a much improved England performance. Mclaren has the balance right and is clearly not as cautious as Sven the Shagger. I suspect El Tel has had a big influence on the side though and I personally think it was a great decision to appoint him.

Overall? Great start and with some quality players to come back, who knows?

Finally though, lets not get carried away yet eh? I have lost count of the amount of times this has happened on the back of one good performance.

vandyke said:
doomandgloom said:
vandyke said:
Andy Murray did well today didnt he.
He'd do well to shut his big jock trap up for 5 minutes.

P.S. BTW, what did he do today?
Well yesterday he beat that big soft streak o pish Henman, then today he beat federer.
No bad for the scottish gobshite.
He beat Henman? I could beat Henman!

He beat Federer? That is a marvelous achievement. Like I said, I am a huge fan of Andy Murray and hope the wee cuddly, feisty Scot' does well at Wimbledon next year.... :p

Cardinal. You disappoint me......

D&G

Napoleon Dynamite did well, very well to beat Federer, but who gives a flying fcuk about Tennis? The Sweaties are only getting boisterous about it becuse they have produced someone good, but like Curling, Elephant Football etc, all are minority sports. The last great Scottish sportsman was Steve Hislop.

B

Biscuits_AB

luke said:
CardinalSin said:
the_guru said:

Can you get booted out of the World Cup for sarcasm? I thought you only got booted out for losing matches.

Can all jocks please remove the chips from both shoulders before commenting on this site.

Good night for England. The Hargreaves role worked well, as you could see from the effect Lampard and Gerrard had. Downing played very well and will push Joe Cole for that left side position. Say what you like about Greece, they are European Champions and England made them look very poor.

Not bad, but far from sparkling. It showed how a few simple changes like picking fit players in some kind of form, in their correct positions, and get them to pass to each other can pay off. No great goals, and if the Greek defence had been better around the 6 yard box we'd have struggled to score.

4-0 flatters us, and one thing SM has in common with SGE is an inability to win both halves of a match, which sugggests to me that insufficient thought is given to changes the opposition will put in place at half time.

Overall, not bad, but not good.