England vs France

#2
Yeah good eh. Should be a good match next weekend against the Leek Munchers.

BT.
 
#4
Well done lads!!

All we've got to do now is stuff the eyeties in Rome next weekend and we may actually win the 6 Nations! :thumright:
 
#5
Trevelez said:
Let's hope they don't ruin things and bring back 'Cardboard' Wilkinson next weekend
Ermmm

Edited to add that Jeremy Guscott is an uncouth arrse. When Tomas Castagnade said that Wilkinson on his day is the best number 10 in the world (I don't think he is, Dan Carter is) Guscott made a snoring noise in the background. If I were Jonny Wilkinson, I'd show Guscott my medal and then put him on his arrse. Go back to being a Gasman, Guscott.
 
#6
For me, it has to be Shane Geraghty at 10 next weekend. I'd also keep the same Front Row to be honest. Maybe put Vickery in at tight-head, because Freshwater has been useless.
 
#7
Great match. It’s an open competition again. Next weekend should be good.
 
#8
I never, ever, thought I'd be cheering on the Scots and Italians!

Ireland vs Italy will be a corker, the Italians possibly have the most competitive pack, and they're coming off of a string of victories.
 
#9
Praetorian said:
For me, it has to be Shane Geraghty at 10 next weekend. I'd also keep the same Front Row to be honest. Maybe put Vickery in at tight-head, because Freshwater has been useless.
Not just me then?
 
#10
Trevelez said:
Praetorian said:
For me, it has to be Shane Geraghty at 10 next weekend. I'd also keep the same Front Row to be honest. Maybe put Vickery in at tight-head, because Freshwater has been useless.
Not just me then?
Geraghty is a real prospect, no doubt, and there is a lot to be said in playing him against Wales. But I think that Ashton has Jonny pencilled in at No 10 for the World Cup, nwst fitness issues.
 
#11
the_guru said:
Trevelez said:
Praetorian said:
For me, it has to be Shane Geraghty at 10 next weekend. I'd also keep the same Front Row to be honest. Maybe put Vickery in at tight-head, because Freshwater has been useless.
Not just me then?
Geraghty is a real prospect, no doubt, and there is a lot to be said in playing him against Wales. But I think that Ashton has Jonny pencilled in at No 10 for the World Cup, nwst fitness issues.
Fair one
 
#12
Well, apart from the Scotland game, Jonny hasn't impressed at all. Geraghty is consistent for London Irish, and you have a good pairing between 10 and 12 in that they play together every week.

I'd drop Tindall as well. he was shocking today. And before anyone says "but he scored", my Nan could have scored that, it was a catch and fall over try. I'd start Mathew Tait next week.

My team would be:

15) Lewsey
14) Robinson
13) Tait
12) Catt
11) Strettle
10) Geraghty
9) Ellis
8) Easter
7) Rees
6) Worsley
5) Corry (I had my misgivings, but he's not a liability like Grewcock)
4) Palmer
3) White
2) Chuter
1) Vickery

Bench would be Tindall, Perry, Deacon, Flood, Mears, Payne, Lund
 
#13
Shane Geraghty was absolutely brilliant on his debut - the guy sure can run, weave and dodge.

BT.
 
#15
Eddie Butler actually said something to the point today - "there's Julian White, watching the ball". He is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
 
#16
Cuddles said:
Eddie Butler actually said something to the point today - "there's Julian White, watching the ball". He is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
Hmmm, is scrummaging is about the only good aspect of his game, i'll agree on that.

Wait till Andrew Sheridan is fit again :D
 
#17
It was nice seeing the forwards go forward, also the way they took Chabal apart. Although I think I saw him get a nice big boot to the chest in one ruck :D

If that was the result of 80 minutes attacking and 60 minutes defencive training these last 5 days, roll on some more training together.

This will make the Wales v England game next week very interesting. :D

I also wonder how many of the Irish will admit to cheering the win by England. Worst day of their lives I expect :thumright:
 
#18
An excellent days sport, a good competition won by the best team - fairly. I have to say that the worst man on the field appeared to be carrying a whistle, but then England suffer under Kaplan akways!!

SWING LOW!!
 
#19
Holdfast said:
I also wonder how many of the Irish will admit to cheering the win by England. Worst day of their lives I expect :thumright:
I wanted England to win. Why would it be the worst day of my life?
 
#20
the_matelot said:
Holdfast said:
I also wonder how many of the Irish will admit to cheering the win by England. Worst day of their lives I expect :thumright:
I wanted England to win. Why would it be the worst day of my life?
Having to cheer for England. I was speaking to an Irish colleague on Friday and he was in such a dilemma. :thumright:
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top